- Experience Level
Easy Does It is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. All employment positions are open to all members of the community, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, economic status, or disability.
Background of the Organization
Easy Does It Emergency Services is a 501c(3) which provides assistance to seniors and people with disabilities experiencing an unforeseen interruption with their care, accessible transportation, or adaptive equipment in the City of Berkeley.
Our mission is to offer the comprehensive and practical support needed for a person with a disability to live a life of dignity with minimal interruption and the confidence that a safety net provides. EDI is the only agency of its kind in the world.
Please visit our website for more information: www.easydoesitservices.org
Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director (ED), the Development Coordinator will spearhead development efforts as Easy Does It Emergency Services continues to grow. A new position in the organization, the coordinator will have the opportunity to build the development function. They will play a critical role in supporting the mission of Easy Does It. This position will have the latitude to do work remotely.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and execute with assistance of Executive Director EDI’’s annual fundraising plan
- Implement and track annual fundraising campaigns
- Manage development of annual report
- Research prospective grant opportunities
- Communicate with board of directors development committee on fundraising plan
- Assist Salesforce consultant with design and development of donor database
- Oversee all outward facing communications, including donor correspondence and social media
- Assist with donor recognition and stewardship activities
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum two years related experience in successful fundraising preferably with a nonprofit agency
- Proficient in the use of computers, donor software and Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent organizational, analytical and thinking skills
- Attention to detail
- Experience with grant writing and collaborating with other
- Ability to lead and to work independently and juggle multiple priorities and projects successfully
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to build trust and rapport with a range of stakeholders
- Experience with Salesforce and/or other donor database management system
- Familiarity with peer-to-peer, crowd funding and social media platforms.
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
- Ability to remain fragrance free at the office
Highly Desired Qualifications
- Knowledge of the Disability and Independent Living Movement
- Knowledge of disability and personal care concerns and issues
- Experience in a non-profit setting
Background check required including Department of Justice fingerprinting.
To Apply: Please submit a writing sample preferably a grant or Letter of interest for a grant, cover letter and resume to Executive Director at email@example.com
Final filing date August 24, 2018