Adult Program Services Associate
- Experience Level
BACKGROUND & SUMMARY
Interested in being part of a unique organization that has delivered healing to the community for over 40 years? Do you have a passion for our mission of serving the bereaved combined with operational support skills?
The Adult Services Associate will work under the supervision of the Adult Services Director to ensure efficient and effective operational and administrative support for all client services, including on-going peer grief groups, one-on-one peer grief support, workshops and volunteer coordination and engagement. Duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities
- Provide direct support in maintaining the Adult Services records management system including client and volunteer information entry, new client correspondence, group management and attendance, wait-list monitoring, follow up surveys, evaluations, and service statistics.
- Provide support to volunteers through guidance and assistance with standard operational procedures such as room reservations and reporting processes.
- Provide operational support for ongoing small and large group volunteer meetings and annual volunteer training.
- Provide operational support for client and volunteer workshops, special projects including communications and marketing, enrollment, attendee management, and day-of operations.
- Provide client service support by assisting with client communications as needed; client service intakes may be assigned
- Assist with agency-wide client service operations in collaboration with other Kara staff as needed
- Other administrative support duties as assigned
Essential Competencies (Values, Skills and Abilities)
- Commitment to Kara’s mission, vision and guiding value of compassion
- Flexible, resourceful and innovative; strong initiative and follow-through skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; a team player and a team builder
- Quick to learn, and devise or apply ideas; and willingness to ask for help
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Keen understanding of operational processes and procedures within an organization
- Ability to work successfully under pressure and to handle competing priorities with minimal supervision
- Capacity to plan, coordinate, and prioritize tasks/projects while keeping appropriate personnel apprised
- Excellent organizational, time management, planning and problem solving skills
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), Database applications, and Google Docs Suite
- Positive attitude and sense of humor
- Ability to embrace and maintain confidentiality
- High standard of professionalism and integrity
- Ability to work up to three evenings per month and weekends periodically
Education and Experience
- Associates Degree or equivalent
- Operational and administrative support experience
- Languages: English (Bi-lingual a plus, Spanish or Other)
- Experience as a Kara volunteer or similar program requiring understanding of grief support structures a plus
- Non-profit / Social Services / Health Care experience a plus
Schedule & Compensation:
- 20 hours per week
- $20 - $22 per hour
- Group health benefits option (medical, vision, dental) plan (employer pays 50% of premium)
- 403b and FSA options (employee paid)
Please Submit Cover Letter & Resume.