Program Manager / Developmental Disability Professional
- Experience Level
Manage the provision of support services for adults who have developmental disabilities in Tucker, GA.
Full time salaried position with benefits. Work some evenings, weekends & holidays as scheduled and needed.
Oversees operation of supported living program providing individualized services for participants. Must work as a team member and supervise other employees providing services to these individuals.
- Assures services address individual’s needs, reflect person-centered values and choice and respects participant rights.
- Supervises/provides guidance to direct support staff; provide, arranges or oversees curriculum used in staff training. Recruits, trains and supervises staff who works directly with the individuals in acquiring daily living skills.
- Provides consultation to PMP in ISP implementation strategies to meet the needs and personal goals of participants.
- Acquires thorough knowledge of participant and his/her ISP goals. Provides guidance and support for companions and instructors to achieve these goals.
- Communicates regularly with companions, instructors, and direct support employees regarding needs, concerns or schedules, as well as with the individual families, guardians or support personnel.
- Communicates with the director as to the progress of each individual, and in particular any problems that need to be handled promptly.
- Visits homes of individuals on a regular but varied basis, evaluating the overall care and living situation of each person. Ensures that each home is kept clean, neat and safe at all times.
- Provides thorough, accurate, and timely notes and documentation on services, interactions and significant contacts. Maintains records on individuals’ progress and goals, and records as needed for billing purposes. Assists with billing as directed.
- Abides by all policies and procedures of PMP including punctuality and attendance provisions.
- Completes all training as specified by PMP, DBHDD, DCH and other stakeholders. Be able to show competency in these areas. First Aid and CPR training are required.