- Experience Level
The California League of Conservation Voters (CLCV), a 501(c)4 organization, is the political arm of California’s environmental community. Our mission is to protect and enhance the environment and the health of all California communities by electing environmental champions, advancing critical priorities, and holding policymakers accountable to their constituents. In support of our mission, we support environmental candidates for state public office, track legislative activity and work across communities to include and amplify the voices of all Californians on behalf of their community and environment. For more information, please visit www.ecovote.org.
CLCV Education Fund (CLCVEF), CLCV’s 501(c)3 sister organization, protects California’s natural resources and improves the health of our communities. In support of our mission, we work will allies and stakeholders to educate decision makers, support and amplify and diversify community participation on behalf of environmental and public health priorities, and increase public participation in civic activities. For more information, please visit www.clcvedfund.org.
The Office Manager assists the CEO by providing support for all the activities of the CEO and the CLCV and CLCVEF boards. This person is the liaison for the CEO with the two boards and all external constituents including major donors, elected officials, partner organizations, and agency personnel. The Office Manager is also responsible for managing administrative operations and facilities management.
- Administrative liaison for CEO’s activities including but not limited to managing calendar of appointments, scheduling meetings & conference calls, compiling and coding credit cards & expense reports, preparing correspondences, and scheduling travel and lodging arrangements.
- Provide on-site support (e.g. tech support, etc.) for meetings, conference calls, and video conferencing as needed.
- Arrange logistics for in-person meetings including restaurant reservations and occasional catering.
- Communicate regularly with other administrative, professional, and managerial staff and external contacts.
Board of Directors
- Arrange venue and catering for two annual meetings for 22-member CLCV Board and 12-member CLCV Education Fund Board and one annual two-day Board retreat in conjunction with 19-member Green Advisory Council.
- Serves as administrative staff to respective Boards and Boards’ subcommittees in scheduling, set-up, and coordination of meetings and catering service, attendance of all board meetings, recording and maintaining in-person and telecom meeting minutes, handling of day-of meeting logistics, and other related follow-up duties.
- Coordinate with senior staff to ensure that Board materials are completed and submitted to Board members a week in advance of scheduled meetings.
- Ensure Board committee meetings are scheduled in a timely manner prior to Board meeting.
- Manage other related Board events in conjunction with Board meetings – travel and lodging arrangements for staff, lodging and dinner reservations for Board members for annual offsite Board retreat, etc.
- Maintain current and accurate board rosters, contacts, and emailing lists.
- Develop and maintain board orientation binder; provide to new members, revise and update materials as needed.
- Develop and maintain an excellent relationship and good communication with board members.
Facilities and Infrastructure
- The Office Manager is the key internal contact for and is directly responsible for the upkeep and lease management of the Oakland and Los Angeles offices.
- Manage building leases, facility maintenance and repair, security, equipment rental leases/contracts, and insurance policies.
- Interface with property managers and CLCV sub-tenant in Oakland.
- Key project manager for equipment and supply purchases.
- With support of IT vendor, ensure everything works including phones, information technology (system and equipment), and building access and operations.
- Manage external vendors to ensure secure and effective information technology infrastructure and delivery of IT services across the organization including software licensing, equipment repair and replacement, and workstation usability.
- General receptionist duties.
- Manage incoming mail, including handling of membership and grant checks.
- Process program contributions, including logging payments, scanning checks, and sending acknowledgements.
- Draft, revise, proofread or finalize correspondence, minutes, board reports, the California Environmental Scorecard, blast emails, event journals, development materials, PowerPoint presentations, etc.
- Assist in planning and staffing of annual fundraisers in San Francisco and Los Angeles; semi-annual all-day staff meetings in Oakland; Sacramento conference and advocacy day; and other events as needed.
- Assist other management staff as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Five to eight years of experience in office management and administrative roles, preferably in a non-profit organization
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Good judgment and common sense
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- Raiser’s Edge capability preferred
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Enthusiasm for CLCV and CLCV EF missions and our environmental justice values
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
CLCV offers competitive salaries and a generous benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and disability coverage; a 401(k) retirement program with employer match; discounted pre-tax Commuter Checks for public transit; flexible spending account (FSA) for health care expenses; paid vacation, personal time, and floating holidays; optional life insurance; and employee assistance and travel assistance programs.
Send cover letter and resume to CLCVjobs@ecovote.org, with the subject line “Office Manager.” No phone calls, please. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
The California League of Conservation Voters and CLCV Education Fund are committed to equity, inclusion, and environmental justice. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we seek to create and sustain a team that reflects the diversity of the state we serve. We welcome applications from individuals from all backgrounds, especially those with experience working with communities most impacted by California’s environmental challenges.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.