Assistant Field Director for Progressive Campaign
- Experience Level
With Republicans in control of the executive and legislative branches of our government there is a dark cloud hanging over American politics. Since 2016, Republicans have refused to protect the sanctity of our electoral process, have dedicated themselves to undoing decades of civil rights and environmental protections, torn apart thousands of families with heartless, anti-immigrant policies, and refused to take meaningful steps toward gun control while students are mowed down in their classrooms.
The good news is that change is brewing. On the heels of events like the Women’s March and spurred by inspirational young activists like the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School students, progressives are coming out of the woodwork to create a more equitable future for every American. Historic numbers of women are running for office, progressive ideals are at the center of the national conversation, and over 1,200 democrats are running for congressional seats all over the nation. Now is the time to stand up, fight back, and build momentum for a historic wave election this November.
Grassroots Campaigns is growing the resistance in campaign offices all over the country, opening offices in crucial swing districts around the country to register voters and make sure they cast their ballots this year for excellent, progressive candidates. We’re looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and join the fight in what’s sure to be a decisive year at a pivotal point in our history.
- Recruitment: Build a team of 15-50 canvassers by recruiting from within the local community. Identify and interview prospective staff and make hiring decisions.
- Staff Management: Teach canvassing and voter contact skills. Work with your staff in individual and group settings with a particular eye towards developing leaders. Cultivate a welcoming and motivating atmosphere.
- Canvassing: Canvass 3-4 times per week to train new and experienced staff in the field and meet personal fundraising requirements.
- Administration: Carefully track income and expenses. Handle the budget for your office. Process staff payroll. Maintain records for future organizing efforts.
- You're an excellent communicator with motivational skills, work ethic, and dedication to political change
- You make a great teammate who can tackle big goals in high-stakes environments with enthusiasm and a sense of humor
- You're a confident leader with a proven ability to shoulder significant responsibility
- You're self-directed and able to take initiative
- Previous field or canvassing experience is a plus, and may qualify you for additional leadership positions
- Two to six weeks of training in a Grassroots office focused on small donor fundraising for progressive organizations like the ACLU, Planned Parenthood, and the Southern Poverty Law Center followed by deployment to a swing state to win an electoral victory.
- Working long hours, seven-day weeks and long days during the election cycle.
- Election cycles are unpredictable and, in many cases, hiring decisions will be made without knowing where the election project will be located. Strongest applicants will be those who are available to go where needed to win.
Relocation may be required. Positions are available in cities nationwide and new projects are constantly being launched. Currently hiring in MA, NY, PA, NC, GA, IL, CO, CA, and Washington, D.C. In order to make the largest impact possible, many directors will start in a city where we already have a presence for early training and experience and then travel to politically important swing districts to launch new offices.
Grassroots Campaigns provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or military or veteran status in accordance with all applicable laws. We don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of the above.
We're committed to building a diverse leadership team. Women, minorities, and members of other underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Advocacy / Lobbying Government up to $29,999 Full Time jobs in Denver
- Development / Fundraising Government up to $29,999 Full Time jobs in Denver
- Human Resources / Recruiting Government up to $29,999 Full Time jobs in Denver
- Marketing / Communications Government up to $29,999 Full Time jobs in Denver
- Program / Project Management Government up to $29,999 Full Time jobs in Denver