Director of Fund Development
- Experience Level
Follow the link to apply: https://hospicesantacruz.applicantpro.com/jobs/
Or email resumes to email@example.com
Hospice of Santa Cruz County (HSCC) envisions a community where all people live and die with dignity. Since 1978, HSCC has honored the choices of individuals and families by providing exemplary end-of-life care and grief support services. As the county’s leading nonprofit provider of end-of-life care, the hospice program is enriched by community grief support, a children’s bereavement camp, transitional and palliative care services, pet companion and music therapy programs, hospice care for veterans, and end-of-life education and outreach. HSCC serves approximately 3,500 Santa Cruz County residents annually.
HSCC donors are key partners who share our vision of dignity at all stages of life. Their investments in our community programs are what enable us to enrich quality compassionate hospice care with transformative holistic support for patients, families, and the entire community.
Director of Development Job Summary
Reporting to and supported by the Chief Communications Officer, the Director of Development designs and executes a comprehensive fund development strategy to raise more than $1.2 million annually. This role leads and supervises a team that includes an Associate Director, Senior Prospect Analyst, and Development Coordinator. The Director works closely with the Board of Directors to identify their individual gifts and talents in order to engage them in raising funds.
We seek a dynamic, motivated, and highly skilled Director or Development who understands the heart and science behind fundraising. Leading meaningful donor engagement is central to attracting and retaining donors and foundation partners. We’re looking for someone who is fearless in reaching out, making connections, and securing the resources needed to carry out our mission. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker and an equally skilled implementer.
Fundraising Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide visionary leadership for HSCC’s fundraising and donor engagement strategies.
- Sustain and grow existing relationships, with emphasis on upgrading gifts from current donors. Develop strategies to build a pipeline of new donors.
- Create, refine, strengthen, and expand annual fundraising plan. Deliver results on outcomes as expressed.
- Create departmental budget and manage expenses for all fundraising activities.
- Lead and/or work closely with the Director of Marketing to develop and distribute compelling fundraising materials and collateral.
- Oversee the coordination of all grant proposals. Support the Senior Prospect Analyst in writing, coordinating timelines, sourcing support materials, application submittal, and reporting for all grants. Work with Senior Prospect Analyst to identify and cultivate new foundation partners.
- Engage board members in fundraising activities specifically to attract new donors.
- Engage senior leadership, as appropriate, in funder visits and face-to-face solicitations. Work closely with CEO and Chief Communications Officer to develop presentations, speeches, and messaging to donor audiences.
- Directly manage a portfolio of donors and lead major donor, foundation partner, and legacy giving programs.
- Manage a meaningful stewardship process for all donors.
- Build a culture of philanthropy, supporting fundraising as a team effort. Work with CEO, Board chair, Chief Communications Officer, and Development Committee to energize directors, staff, and volunteers as partners in fundraising.
- Develop relationships with HSCC program managers in order to be able to communicate program outcomes and stories of care, and to engage them in donor cultivation gatherings.
- Demonstrated track record of success in fundraising. A strategic thinker about how diverse forms of engagement, cultivation, and stewardship work together.
- Comfort and experience with creating, leading, and implementing many types of fundraising strategies, including annual giving, donor gatherings, membership programs, major gift programs, direct mail appeals, and planned giving.
- Transparent and high integrity leadership style that motivates the team to do their best and highest work.
- Excellent communicator. Comfortable speaking in public, talking with strangers, engaging with groups, and involving board members in fundraising activities.
- Fearless, tactful, and intuitive in the art of asking.
- Confident and collaborative approach to the work with a willingness to help the team to achieve goals.
- A big picture, strategic thinker who can also dive in and get tasks done. A self-directed coordinator, planner, and executor of projects.
- Excellent writing and verbal skills. Able to creatively, accurately, and effectively present HSCC’s mission and the impact of its community programs.
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge or other donor management programs.
- The highest standards of professional and personal behavior; excellent judgment and the ability to treat confidential information with discretion
Ensure compliance with all State/Federal Laws HIPAA Privacy and Security Regulations, Medicare Conditions of Participation, and all other regulatory/compliance requirements
- Bachelor’s degree with five or more years of experience in nonprofit fundraising
- Proven track record of managing and delivering multiple projects under deadline and an understanding of the steps involved in administering gifts and grants
- Experience and success in securing individual major gifts, grants, planned gifts and corporate gifts – from identifying prospects to soliciting, reporting, and stewarding
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
- Pass OIG/GSA review and all required background checks
Work Environment/Environmental Condition
- Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer
- Must be available for occasional night and weekend events
Must have a valid CA driver’s license and car available
More searches like this
- Development / Fundraising Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Santa Cruz
- Health / Medical Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Santa Cruz
- Program / Project Management Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Santa Cruz