Finance and Administration Manager
- Experience Level
Position Title: Finance and Administration Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Classification: Full-Time, Salaried, Exempt
AGENCY MISSION AND PROGRAMS:
Q Foundation believes in a world where all people have a safe, decent, and affordable home. Toward this vision, we prevent homelessness primarily for the LGBTQ and HIV+ communities by protecting the housing we already have, providing resources to secure new housing, and promoting public policy to increase opportunity for all.
Major program areas include: 1) Housing Case Management: affordable housing application assistance, benefits advocacy, linkages, tenant’s rights counseling & landlord mediation; 2) Financial Services: emergency financial assistance for back rent or move in deposit, shallow rental subsidies linked to job training, flexible rental subsidies for senior or disabled residents, 3) Job Training & Supportive Employment: on-the-job training and supportive employment at AHA Café; and 4) Public Policy Advocacy: Imagine and achieve public policy that removes housing barriers for all people.
The Operations Manager is committed to Q Foundations mission, vision, and values:
• Driven: Our work is data-driven and structured around measurable outcomes in individual lives, and impacts in reducing homelessness and housing instability in the communities we serve;
• Bold: We believe the housing crisis requires bold leadership in developing creative responses to the epidemic of evictions and homelessness;
• Innovative: We embrace technology to deliver innovative programs and services to meet needs in our community and to ensure that those services are timely, efficient, and equitable;
• Accountable: We embrace accountability in our work in achieving housing stability for our members;
• Community-based: We expect the highest level of performance from ourselves and each other and understand that a core input to performance is the cultural competencies brought by staff that come from the communities we serve.
We are seeking an experienced leader to serve in this core role of our growing organization. The Operations Manager will report directly to the Executive Director, is a key member of the Management Team, and will be responsible for leadership and implementation of internal operations including administration & finance, human resources & payroll, contract compliance & reporting, fundraising, and communications. Q Foundation has an operating budget of $2.5 million, 13 staff positions, and has served over 5000 households. The Operations Manager will work with the Executive Director and others to set challenging goals and use data to monitor performance, problem solve, track, and demonstrate results.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee fiscal and fiduciary responsibilities, human resources, and other administrative functions;
- Collaborate with the ED to develop short- and long-term finance and administration strategies;
- Work with ED to provide financial insight and support for fundraising and grants management efforts; and
- Enhance and implement policies and procedures to continually improve internal controls.
Financial Management and Reporting
- Lead the collection, recording, processing, and reporting of all financial transactions, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger, and fixed assets;
- Prepare and analyze financial statements and reporting of financial accomplishments;
- Prepare and submit monthly invoice & monthly, quarterly & annual contract reports;
- Oversee preparation of cash projections and manage cash flow to adequately fund operational needs, maintain cash flow projections on at least a monthly basis;
- Maintain banking relationships, prepare and make weekly deposits if needed;
- Serve as liaison to the external CPA regarding monthly reconciliations and other accounting processes;
- Manage the annual financial audits by the CPA and ensure compliance with all state and federal legal requirements governing non-profit organizations, including tax, legal, and regulatory requirements; and
- Manage due diligence investigations and documentation associated with major contracts along with overseeing compliance with contract and donor reporting, and other requirements;
- Maintain policies and procedures, accounting, and program manuals;
- Prepare monthly reports to funders for review
Human Resources, Payroll and Administration
- Manage human resources, including recruitment, onboarding, compensation, and employee relations;
- Support organization in hiring and orienting new employees and developing and managing human resource policies and systems, including performance evaluations and performance improvement plans;
- Perform payroll functions; prepare bi-monthly payroll reports; submit payroll as scheduled;
- Manage and continuously improve administrative functions of the organization;
- Maintain benefit and insurance relationships; renew policies to ensure no lapse in coverage;
- Manage facility and vendor relationships to ensure efficient operations;
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director and Board of Directors;
- Participate in agency staff meetings and trainings; represent agency at community functions, educational workshops, street fairs, agency partners, etc.
Social Media and Communications
- Manage social media communications for the organization, including Facebook, LinkedIn, member and donor newsletters, and other social media channels;
- Work with ED to develop the content for social media communications;
- Coordinate interview, information and other media requests of the Executive Director;
- Maintain policies and procedures for media communications.
Required and Preferred Qualifications:
- An advanced degree in non-profit management, finance, accounting, or equivalent work experience;
- Financial and administrative management experience, preferably in the nonprofit or public sector;
- Demonstrated understanding of non-profit organizational structure, accounting and operations, including current working knowledge of General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and 501(c)(3) provisions;
- Ability to read and interpret manuals, policies, instructions, analyze reports, and write correspondence;
- Strong critical reasoning, conflict resolution, and creative problem-solving skills;
- Ability to anticipate and establish appropriate internal controls in all areas, emphasizing accounting, finance, and operations;
- Familiarity with audit and compliance best practices, along with risk management and insurance;
- Human resource and personnel policy development experience and an understanding of regulations;
- Excellent skills using QuickBooks, Microsoft Office, and FileMaker preferred;
- Must pass all pre-employment offer background and reference checks;
- English fluency required; bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred;
- Ability to work nights and weekends, as required.
Personal Attributes include:
- Strategic and tenacious about achieving objectives; handles multiple projects simultaneously with excellent follow through and attention to detail;
- Motivated by an entrepreneurial, fast-paced and results-oriented culture;
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written with a facility for preparing and clearly presenting technical information to multiple audiences;
- Ability to exercise sound judgment; adheres to the highest professional and ethical standards;
- Effectively works with diverse populations, and is sensitive to issues concerning HIV/AIDS, poverty, homelessness, mental health disabilities and substance use;
- Self-starter; demonstrated skills in setting priorities, creating efficiencies, and developing people and systems; Highly organized, energetic, detail oriented and able to work independently as needed, and
- Demonstrates passion, commitment and behavior consistent with our Mission and Core Values.
Compensation and Benefits:
Q Foundation offers a competitive wage and benefits package that includes employer-sponsored major medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, an employer-contributed 401K plan, commuter benefit, and generous paid vacation, sick, and holiday leave including election day and the day after Pride.
Q Foundation is an equal opportunity employer committed to maintaining a culturally diverse work environment. Individuals with diverse experiences, people of color, bilingual English-Spanish speakers, lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender individuals, women, and people living with HIV/AIDS or other disabilities are particularly encouraged to apply. Please visit us at www.theQfoundation.org.
More searches like this
- Accounting / Finance Human Services $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Administrative / Clerical Human Services $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Development / Fundraising Human Services $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Executive / Senior Management Human Services $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Facilities / Equipment Human Services $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco