- Experience Level
About the Alliance
One Orlando Alliance is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that brings together over thirty (30) LGBTQ+ and ally organizations in Central Florida and serves as a model of nonprofits, businesses, philanthropies and government institutions working together to create a safe, welcoming and inclusive community for all LGBTQ+ people.
The Alliance was founded just days after the June 12, 2016 Pulse night club shooting, which was the largest mass shooting in U.S. history. The tragedy’s victims were primarily members of the LGBTQ+/Latino community, and the entire region came together in a show of support for the communities tragically affected by the mass shooting.
But from tragedy came hope, as organizations and individuals came together to cooperatively address the needs of our community, and the Alliance was born. Named 2017’s best local activist group in Orlando, the Alliance continues to bring together LGBTQ+ organizations and work to transform Central Florida into an accepting and unified community for all.
The Alliance’s Executive Director position is an exceptional opportunity to build an organization and have a significant impact on the community. The successful candidate will serve as One Orlando Alliance’s first permanent executive director and will be principally responsible for the financial wellbeing, operational management, and implementation of the strategic direction of the organization. The Executive Director of the One Orlando Alliance will report to and operate under the guidance and direction of the Board of Directors.
The successful candidate will be an ambitious and dynamic collaborative leader with a proven track record in financial management, fundraising, communication, programming, operational supervision, promotion of diversity, inclusion and anti-oppression initiatives. Persons living at the intersections of LGBTQ+ identities, communities of color, immigrants, and other historically marginalized groups are encouraged to apply.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Knowledge of and commitment to LGBTQ+ issues
- Commitment to creating a safe, welcoming and inclusive community for all LGBTQ+ people
- Ability to work collaboratively with the LGBTQ+ community, its partners and the organization’s diverse constituents as well as the ability to develop a strong network of key and emerging leaders in LGBTQ+ communities and beyond
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- At least four years’ professional experience in business, social change, nonprofit operational and financial management, grassroots organizing and advocacy or a related area (at the level of “director” or higher).
- Demonstrated ability to raise funds
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Strong ability to motivate people, develop staff and leaders, and delegate responsibilities
- Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written
- Excellent public relations/marketing skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with a diverse group of organizations and individuals, to include tactfulness, diplomacy, sensitivity to trauma, and compassion.
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate Alliance members and other volunteers
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Preferred Skills and Experience
While not required, the ideal candidate will have a background in or understanding of some or all of the following:
- History working with LGBTQ+ communities
- Understanding of intersecting issues and robust anti-oppression analysis related to LGBTQ+ identities, including communities of color, people with disabilities, immigrants, transgender specific issues, labor issues, etc.
- Experience working within a coalition
- Personal experience of Central Florida’s political and organizational climate
- Experience working with start-up non-profit organizations
- Bilingual and biliterate in Spanish
One Orlando Alliance offers a competitive nonprofit salary in Central Florida commensurate with experience, with a salary range of $90,000 - $100,000.
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
One Orlando Alliance is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.