Volunteer & Development Coordinator
5 days left
- Degree Level
The Volunteer & Development Coordinator supports the organization’s development efforts. Its primary role is to provide administrative support to all fundraising efforts including funding requests, fundraising events, and grant reporting and volunteer management. The Volunteer & Development Coordinator will support the collection and maintenance of all donor and development information; prepare grant materials for submission, as well as process donations. In addition, the role is responsible for recruiting, vetting, and training volunteers. The Volunteer & Development Coordinator will work closely with the Director of Programs to support volunteers as they move from training to placement.
A successful Volunteer & Development Coordinator will have the skills, understanding, and personal confidence to work across all departments to provide the highest quality of work. This role reports directly to the Communications & Development Officer.
Administration & Donor Management
- Support the Communications & Development Officer with individual, corporate, and foundation research to identify new funders and funding streams.
- Provide support for all administrative needs for the Development Department, including calendar management, donor mailings, and funding requests.
- Coordinate and support all donor mailings, including producing mailing lists, securing supplies and postage, and compiling mailers for delivery.
- Support all fundraising events and initiatives.
- Input new and update existing grant deadlines and information, as well as donor information, and notes in the organization’s database (Salesforce).
- Support the Communications & Development Officer with donor visits, including scheduling meetings, creating donor packets, reviewing and submitting donor giving history, and attending visits.
- Manage the organization’s Salesforce platform and all corresponding applications, including: Nonprofit Success Pack, Volunteers 4 Salesforce.
- Provide reports on grant and donation status to the Communications & Development Officer and Executive Director to support fundraising efforts.
- Identify and create custom data reports to support fundraising efforts.
- Document Salesforce system configuration and processes.
- Serve as primary contact for all organization volunteers and manage day-to-day volunteer communication.
- In collaboration with the Director of Programs, develop and manage volunteer policies, procedures, and standards of volunteer service.
- In collaboration with the Director of Programs, maintain job descriptions for all volunteer opportunities.
- Create and distribute monthly volunteer communications.
- Manage and implement volunteer activities and events, including Volunteer Appreciation Week.
- Utilizing Salesforce, manage and maintain accurate volunteer records and provide timely reports regarding volunteer participation, retention, and hours.
- In collaboration with the Director of Programs, recruit, screen and train volunteers to support the organization and program specific work.
- In collaboration with Communications & Development Officer, identify and support corporate volunteer opportunities and initiatives.
- In collaboration with Director of Programs, provide in house volunteer trainings to further the organization’s mission.
- Serve as a substitute for volunteer led classes, when necessary.
Perform all other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university, or relevant combination of education and experience, required.
- 2+ years of experience in a community facing organization – nonprofit experience highly preferred.
- 2+ years of development experience highly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience identifying and implementing new processes, best practices, and innovation to enhance an organization’s effectiveness and culture.
- Experience with Salesforce, or similar databases.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Results - proven track record for exceeding goals and a bottom-line orientation; evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; excellent problem solving, project management, and creative resourcefulness.
- Vision and Agility –Exceptional strategic thinking skills; ability to think creatively; an excellent communicator.
- Action Oriented –Ability to act and react as necessary, even with limited information is available; not afraid to take charge of a situation; can overcome resistance from team and take unpopular stands when necessary.
- General Management – Ability to address the differing needs of multiple people; ability to handle multiple tasks at once; broad experience with data and social media platforms; Strong time management skills; Ability to take initiative; Ability to maintain and handle matters of confidentiality with utmost tact and diplomacy.
Submit resume and cover letter through Work for Good or email email@example.com. No phone calls.