Human Resources and Administrative Assistant
- Experience Level
School on Wheels, Inc. is a small, nonprofit organization made up of hundreds of volunteers who give their time, talents and support to the educational needs of homeless children who have a daily struggle in accomplishing their number one job as a child: learning.
This position is responsible for human resources administration, general office administration, and supporting team needs.
Human Resources and Team Support
- Enhance the recruiting and interviewing process: coordinate communication with candidates and schedule interviews; conduct new employee onboarding and orientation; conduct and analyze exit interviews.
- Develop a forum and process for employee requests regarding human resource issues, rules, and regulations; resolve employee issues and counsel employees and supervisors.
- Process documentation and prepare reports relating to personnel activities.
- Coordinate HR projects including meetings, trainings, surveys, etc.
- Assist in maintaining employee benefits programs and managing open enrollment; conduct cost benefit analysis of benefit plans; recommend new benefit programs.
- Coordinate with bookkeeper and insurance broker to ensure all insurance policies are economical, accurate and updated.
- Assist bookkeeper in maintaining database of employee benefits and accurate reports of timesheets, vacation, and sick leave.
- Ensure compliance with all legal requirements and recommend policies and procedures as necessary.
- Compile, update, and maintain personnel files (paper and electronically), including new hire documentation, insurance coverage, performance documents and records.
- Manage all general administration activities to ensure efficiency and economy, including facilities and equipment maintenance.
- Oversee purchase order requests and ensure adequate supplies of all materials, brochures, office supplies.
- Work with team responsible for organization and maintenance of all facilities, setting up meetings and Board/staff lunches.
- Answer telephone and provide mail, filing and record keeping support; ensure that files, both electronic and paper, are organized and current.
- Check mailbox on regular basis and process mail as appropriate.
- Provide administrative support, including processing letters, gathering information, sending mass mailings.
- Responsible for accepting and recording material donations into database.
- Assist donors with loading and unloading of all material donations.
- Enter all data into database, ensuring donor assigns value.
- Organize storage area with material donations and maintain orderly storage space.
- Ensure that material donations distributed are accurately recorded.
- Reserve meeting and appointment space through use of online calendars.
- Provide general support to visitors, including volunteers.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in office management/human resources is required.
- Technology experience including proficiency in Google applications and databases.
- Ability to plan and prioritize workflow, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to perform in a team environment, while working independently.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation communication skills a must.
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through.
- Interest in working for a mission-driven nonprofit organization and exemplifying School on Wheels’ values, integrity and ethics.
Benefits and Opportunities you’ll receive:
- Salary – DOE.
- Medical, dental, vision, 403b plan.
- Paid vacation and holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy a personal life.
- Professional Development – we believe in investing in our team and giving you the tools to succeed.
- Ongoing coaching, training, and growth opportunities provided along with a professional development stipend each year.
- Skill variety – you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of tasks to develop your skills in many areas.
- Mobility – room for vertical and horizontal mobility within organization.
- Consistent and fair leadership – we’ll share information, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly.
- Culture – you will be a part of a passionate, mission-driven team where your ideas and feedback will be listened to and encouraged. You will have opportunities to be a part of team-based projects resulting in bringing change to the organization.
At School on Wheels, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to fulfill our mission of improving students lives through education. To join this dedicated team, submit your cover letter and resume for consideration to: employment [at] schoolonwheels.org
School on Wheels is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
More searches like this
- Administrative / Clerical Youth Development $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in Los Angeles
- Education / Teaching Youth Development $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in Los Angeles
- Event Planning Youth Development $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in Los Angeles
- Human Resources / Recruiting Youth Development $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in Los Angeles
- Marketing / Communications Youth Development $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in Los Angeles