- Experience Level
ACCOUNTING CLERK POSITION
Provides accounting and administrative support to the Director of Finance and Program Directors; ensures that daily accounting functions run efficiently.
Reports To Director of Finance
Status: Part-time, 24 hours weekly
1. Review and reconcile a wide variety of accounting documents such as invoices, billings, employee reimbursements and vendor statements.
2. Review and code financial information; prepare and process documents to disburse funds, make deposits and prepare reports.
3. Manage petty cash and credit card transactions.
4. Maintain cash receipts log of all donations received from Programs and Donors.
5. Process NSF checks and maintain all records pertaining to NSF checks.
6. Enter, update, and/or retrieve accounting data from QuickBooks.
7. Research, track and restore accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies.
8. Function in accordance with established standards, procedures and applicable laws.
9. Process background screening for prospective volunteers.
10. All filing of cash receipts and disbursements.
11. Assist Director of Finance with the annual audit.
12. Check and disburse mail.
13. Answer incoming phone calls.
14. Constantly update job knowledge.
15. Complete special projects as assigned.
- Ethical Conduct
- Minimum Supervision
- Time Management
- Organization Skills
- Financial Management
- Project Management
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday; expected number of hours is 24.
Required Education and Experience
Associate Degree in Accounting or Business preferred.
1. Minimum of two years of accounting experience.
2. Proficient in QuickBooks, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please send resume and letter of interest via email to firstname.lastname@example.org; please type the job title into your subject line (Accounting Clerk).