Director of Individual Giving
- Experience Level
Save the Family Foundation of Arizona
Offering a life-altering array of services no other agency provides in Greater Phoenix’s East Valley, Save the Family Foundation of Arizona has been a vital and dedicated community resource for 30 years, helping families navigate the transition from homelessness to self-sufficiency. Serving more than 700 families annually – the majority single mothers with children – Save the Family is enthusiastically committed to its mission to “equip families to address poverty, overcome homelessness and achieve self-sufficiency.”
The Director of Individual Giving provides leadership to Save the Family’s individual giving fundraising activities, including individual major and planned/legacy gifts, the Champion’s Circle, leadership annual giving campaigns, and donor recognition societies. Funding may support ongoing operations, designated funds, naming opportunities, the annual Hearts of Gold event, cash reserves or endowment, and other priorities determined by leadership and inspired by donors.
This position is responsible – both individually and as a part of the Development team – for increasing private revenue dollars to Save the Family, achieving and surpassing fundraising, prospect and donor portfolio management, and moves management goals.
Main Responsibilities Include
- Direct, implement, and achieve the philanthropic revenue goals of Save the Family’s individual giving strategy, and overall Development fundraising goals as part of the Development team.
- Personally initiate, proactively develop, and actively manage a portfolio of qualified individual prospects and donors and related ongoing communication and engagement strategies.
- Provide support to the Board of Directors, CEO, and other staff or volunteers in their fundraising activity, in partnership with the Chief Development Officer.
- Prepare information and documentation, and manage regular reporting, on matters relating to individual donors and overall fundraising performance for CDO, CEO, and volunteer leadership.
- Personal commitment to the mission of Save the Family.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a similar role.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) and donor database management (MatchMaker, Boomerang).
- Ability to attain a fingerprint clearance card.
- Possess a clean 39-month driving record.
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours, as needed.