- Experience Level
ATLANTA SPEECH SCHOOL
ADMISSIONS COORDINATOR FOR THE WARDLAW SCHOOL
Start Date: August 2018
The Atlanta Speech School has evolved over its 78 years into the nation’s most comprehensive center for language and literacy – earning a rising national reputation as the educational equivalent of a teaching hospital. The School attracts a staff of the most gifted and committed teaching professionals who apply the research of the nation’s leading brain development and educational experts to achieve transformational language and literacy outcomes for children through its four school divisions, five clinical programs, and Rollins Center for Language & Literacy (“Rollins Center”) professional development program. The School has never turned away a child in need of services based on his or her family’s financial circumstances. All of the School’s efforts are interrelated and intentional, creating a circle of impact that is continually refined and strengthened across all programs. Our mission is to help each person develop his or her full potential through language and literacy. Please visit our website for further information: www.atlantaspeechschool.org.
The Wardlaw School for children with dyslexia and other language-based learning disabilities is currently seeking an outstanding professional to serve as Admissions Coordinator.
The Wardlaw School is dedicated to serving children with average to very superior intelligence and mild to moderate language-based learning disabilities including dyslexia (reading disability). Children accepted into the Wardlaw School may exhibit underlying auditory and/or language processing problems that make it difficult for them to learn in their present educational setting. Our students are between the ages of 5 and 12 years old and are in kindergarten through 6th grade. Wardlaw School students typically have a diagnosis of dyslexia or “red flags” for dyslexia. They may also have difficulty understanding and/or using spoken language, expressing themselves through written language, or experience mathematical difficulties.
The Wardlaw School employs passionate professionals who strive to be leaders in their field and who are committed to excellence in the education of all children. Knowledge and understanding of research-based practices in the areas of language development, reading and math are the cornerstone for all that we do. We seek to hire innovators and thinkers who choose to work in an environment where they can truly make a difference in the life of a child. The Wardlaw School encourages all of its students, educators, specialists and clinicians to be engaged, perpetual learners.
The Wardlaw School is seeking an Admissions Coordinator, under the direction of the Director of Admissions, to provide administrative assistance, manage the admission process for applicants from initial inquiry to enrollment, oversee the admission database, and provide statistical analysis.
Essential Job Duties:
General & Administrative
- Provide in-depth information regarding the School (differences in programs and clinical services) and the Wardlaw School program paradigm (student profile, placements per grade level, student ratios, demographics, school schedule, tuition cost, financial aid, transportation, etc.)
- Promptly answer telephone calls and emails by providing relevant and accurate information
- Create statistical reports for Admissions Committee meetings, Wardlaw School directors and Board of Directors
- Review and reconcile receipt of proper payments for Georgia Special Needs Scholarship
- Maintain online admission tour schedule and tours, and coordinate applicant placement screenings
- Perform other duties as assigned
- At least 3 years of experience working in college or school admissions office preferred
- Administrative assistant or office manager experience
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work proficiently in various software applications, including MS Word and Excel
- Database and spreadsheet experience required
- Experience with or willingness to learn industry-specific software (RenWeb)
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- People person with a servant’s heart
- Attention to detail with a great sense of urgency
- Active listening skills with a vision for the future
- Anticipate needs of the department
- Self-starter who sees the big picture
- Adept at displaying grace under pressure
- Must have the ability to communicate accurately and clearly both orally and in writing
- Persistence with professionalism
Problem Solving Skills
- Excellent problem solving and people skills for collaboration
- Customer service oriented “can do” approach to work
- Ability to work independently with confidence
Planning and Time Management Skills
- Extreme attention to detail with superior organizational skills, thoroughness and accuracy
- Project and process management
- Microsoft Office 365 skills required
- Must have formal training in office procedures and use of office equipment
Compensation and Benefits: This is a full-time school position, offering a generous benefit package including health/dental/life/vision and long term disability insurance. The Speech School subsidizes health insurance premiums of staff and families. Other benefits include Flexible Spending Account; 403(b) Plan; cost reduction of some Atlanta Speech School services; complimentary meals onsite during working hours; vacation and accrued sick leave.
Salary: Salary is commensurate with experience.
To Apply: To ensure that your application is considered, please submit cover letter and resume by July 31, 2018
Director of Human Resources
Subject line: Admissions Coordinator- Wardlaw School
Please no phone inquiries.