- Position Type
- Full Time
EIA is seeking to hire an Accountant in its Washington, D.C. office to support its programs. We are looking for a motivated, organized and committed individual to join one of the most dynamic teams in Washington today. Possibility for part-time available.
The position will entail a wide range of activities, including:
- Day-to-day accounting functions including account payables, account reconciliations, payroll entry, monthly allocation, investment reconciliation, general ledger reconciliation, account receivablesPreparation of monthly closing and financial statements
- Preparation of monthly budget vs. actual reports and account variance analysis
- Reconcile and manage staff credit cards
- Assist with the annual audit preparation
- Assist with grant reporting and schedules
- Assist with the annual 990 tax filing and other tax filing
- Assist in preparation of annual 1099-MISC forms
- Provide administrative support, general office management and administrative support including IT as needed.
- Support with grants and agreement monitoring and compliance.
- Assist in preparation of budgets, grants and other records.
- Assist with HR functions and payroll processing
- Perform other financial and administrative duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Expert knowledge of QuickBooks and Excel.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or similar field
- Minimum of 3 years of accounting experience.
- Experience working for a non-profit.
- Strong entrepreneurial and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain high level of efficiency, confidentiality and integrity.
- Detail oriented and very organized.
- Solid understanding of GAAP and internal controls requirements.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities within a fast moving environment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively organize disparate information, multiple activities, and competing priorities, as well as, anticipate, identify, and solve problems.
Send cover letter and resume/curriculum vitae with subject line: Accountant position to: firstname.lastname@example.org. or Fax; 202 986 8626. Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted.
This is an immediate position and applicants must be currently legally authorized to work full time at EIA, a U.S. non-profit and be able to provide proof of same (US Citizenship, Green Card, etc.)