Program and Communications Associate-Oakland, CA
- Position Type
- Full Time
Are you passionate about social justice? Would you like to contribute to a national effort fighting poverty among older Americans—particularly women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and people with limited English proficiency? Justice in Aging is looking for a talented Program and Communications Associate to join our team in our Oakland, CA office.
The successful candidate will be part of the organization’s communications team, working on our National Center for Law & Elder Rights (NCLER) project, which is a national resource center for the legal services and aging and disability networks, focused on advancing the legal rights of older adults with the greatest need. NLCER administers a regular curriculum of web-based trainings, accompanied by chapter summaries, issue briefs, and practice tips for legal and non-legal professionals.
Justice in Aging is a national nonprofit legal advocacy organization that fights senior poverty through law. Since 1972 we’ve worked to secure access to affordable health care and economic security for older adults with limited resources, focusing especially on populations that have traditionally lacked legal protection such as women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and people with limited English proficiency. We provide trainings to thousands of direct service advocates a year, file impact litigation, and advocate at the local, state, and national level for policies to improve the lives of the more than 7.1 million older adults living in poverty.
This position reports to the Communications Director, and works closely with the NCLER project manager and others on the NCLER team.
- Website and Network Management:
- Maintain contacts in NCLER’s email platform (SALSA Engage)
- Manage NCLER e-mail inbox, direct and respond to requests from NCLER network
- Maintain website and update with new content regularly
- Contribute to NCLER’s social media strategy and administer NCLER’s Twitter channel
- Administrative and Reporting:
- Maintain a tracking and reporting system for webinar attendees & create regular related reports.
- Track and report on key performance indicators on the website
- Webinar Project Management:
- Administer frequent training webcasts presented by NCLER’s legal experts, including set-up, promotion, technical support, and facilitation using GoToWebcast
- Help draft, build, and send marketing emails to announce new materials and trainings
- Work with NCLER attorneys to format and edit issue briefs and other documents in In Design
- Format Powerpoint templates and presentations, ensuring all materials meet federal accessibility standards (Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act)
- Create visuals as needed to promote NCLER
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Proven organizational, administrative, technological, and project management skills
- Clear writing style and good communication skills
- Experience using an email marketing platform and tracking key performance indicators
- Knowledge of In Design and Microsoft Office Suite, and Adobe
The position is full time, exempt with a salary range of $45,000-$50,000 a year and benefits package including health, dental, and life insurance; flexible reimbursement plan; 403(b) retirement savings plan; personal days; and generous vacation policy. Justice in Aging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to maintaining a diverse staff and we particularly encourage applications from members of racial and ethnic minority groups, women, the LGBTQ community, and others whose background may contribute to more effective representation of low-income people and underserved communities.
To promote social justice and best achieve our mission, we work to maintain an inclusive and respectful workplace in which differences are acknowledged and valued.
In your cover letter please address the following question:
- How do you think your personal and/or professional experience or background has prepared you to contribute to a work environment with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion?
Feel free to think broadly about your response to this question, applying various aspects of your life and personal experiences to your response.
To apply: Send cover letter (which must include a response to the diversity and inclusion question above), resume, a PDF of a short document you have designed, preferably in In Design, or comparable program, and three professional references to Katrina Cohens. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and the position is open until filled. Target start date is late August 2018.
More searches like this
- Administrative / Clerical Veterans / Public Benefit $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Oakland
- Facilities / Equipment Veterans / Public Benefit $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Oakland
- Marketing / Communications Veterans / Public Benefit $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Oakland
- Program / Project Management Veterans / Public Benefit $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Oakland
- Research Veterans / Public Benefit $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Oakland