- Experience Level
Earthjustice is the premier nonprofit environmental law organization. We take on the biggest, most precedent-setting cases across the country. We wield the power of law and the strength of partnership to protect people’s health; to preserve magnificent places and wildlife; to advance clean energy; and to combat climate change. We partner with thousands of groups and supporters to engage the critical environmental issues of our time, and bring about positive change. We are here because the earth needs a good lawyer.
Founded in 1971, Earthjustice has a distinguished track record of achieving significant, lasting environmental protections. We achieve this by hiring people who share a passion for justice and a healthy environment. Our headquarters are in San Francisco with offices in Anchorage, Juneau, Los Angeles, Miami, Tallahassee, Honolulu, New York, Philadelphia, Denver, Seattle, Bozeman, and Washington, DC.
The Budget Assistant will provide budget, financial and other support to the Finance Department. This position will be based in San Francisco, CA.
Budgeting & Forecasting
- Support the annual organizational budgeting process
- Prepare budget and forecast materials
- Compile data for budget and forecast modeling
- Input budget data and help maintain data integrity of budget model
- Assist in the quarterly financial review process and mid-year forecast
- Respond to staff inquiries on budgeting policies and procedures
- Create and review regular and ad hoc financial reports
- Conduct basic financial analysis
Assist Finance Department
- Coordinate budget calendar, schedule meetings and distribute agendas
- Provide backup support on finance department software systems
- Other tasks in support of the Finance department as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or business preferred.
- Experience working with budgets preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate and positively interact with people both internal and external to the organization.
- Experienced computer user, including proficiency with enterprise accounting software, Excel and Word.
- Able to work and think independently.
- Ability to keep confidential information.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Demonstrates an awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds and orientations.
- Contributes to the creation of a diverse, equitable and inclusive work culture that encourages and celebrates differences.
We offer a mission and employee-focused work environment and a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits. Earthjustice is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume online via the Jobvite system. Incomplete applications without cover letters will not be considered.
Please reach out to email@example.com if you are having technical difficulties submitting your application. No phone calls, drop-ins, or hard copies.
Earthjustice is driven by a passion for justice, partnership, and excellence. Our core values lead us to seek a broad range of perspectives and backgrounds to achieve our mission and to maintain an inclusive environment where all staff are valued and respected. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to employment practices that ensure that employees and applicants for employment are provided with equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other factor that is not related to the position.