Development Assistant I
- Experience Level
Join us and make a difference! Planned Parenthood Mar Monte is the largest Planned Parenthood affiliate in the U.S., we're seeking a talented, experienced and motivated full-time Development Assistant I to work at our San Jose, CA location. About us, Planned Parenthood Mar Monte provides community outreach, medical and education services to more than 220,000 people annually at over 30 health center locations in mid-California and northern Nevada.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Maintain accurate, thorough, and up-to-date donor records for individual, foundation, and corporate giving.
- Maintain files and materials, ensure prompt recognition of donor contributions,
- Prepare meeting notices and minutes as needed; assist in grant preparation.
- Run reports as needed, including reporting for PPMM and Advocates activities;
- Provide general administrative support as required, including but not limited to: interfacing with donors and volunteers, coordinating responses and supplies for events, and (where applicable) answer site phones and direct calls to appropriate staff member.
- Work with development team in design, coordination and production of materials;
- Research information on individual, foundation, and corporate giving interests, opportunities and capacity;
- Works with / supervises volunteers / interns as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- The ability to perform the duties described above. A typical means of acquiring these abilities would be:
- High School graduate, two years college preferred;
- In-depth knowledge of the local community;
- Previous experience in nonprofit arena preferred;
- Ability to communicate effectively and concisely both orally and in writing;
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to work independently;
- Ability to work effectively as a team member;
- Extensive experience and competence with a variety of computer software, especially Microsoft Office;
- Ability to work well under pressure and maintain a sense of humor;
At Planned Parenthood, our most valuable asset is our employees. We offer competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package with medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; 401(k) plan, EAP, FSA, and educational reimbursement.
PLANNED PARENTHOOD IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER