Donor Engagement Specialist
- Position Type
- Full Time
Do you feel called to work in a Christian Ministry?
Do you want to work where you make a difference in the lives of others?
Join us at the Atlanta Mission, where we make a difference in the lives of over 1000 men, women, and children every day by providing food, shelter, clothing, counseling, vocational and spiritual guidance. We get to witness radical life transformations.
The Donor Engagement Specialist is a critical member of our ministry by assuming responsibility for donor engagement responsibilities in the Donor Cultivation Center. The donor engagement responsibilities include cultivating meaningful relationships, growing revenue, and activating mid-level donors at higher levels of giving primarily through phone, email, and mail channels.
Hours: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM M-F
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintains regular contact with mid-level donors after initial monthly contact by phone where possible; using email and mail when phone numbers are unpublished: thanking for support, asking about prayer needs, sharing recent information based on current mailings
- Maintains notes in database on donors to help expand relationships and donations
- Acquires and documents in database personal information regarding professional affiliations, personal demographics, and prayer needs
- Determines if contact from a Development Officer is appropriate
- Determines if planned giving services are appropriate
- Determines and codes donors who prefer contact quarterly, semi-annually, annually
- Pray with and for donors, and follow up with “prayed for you” cards as an additional personal touch point
- Organizes and hosts Discovery Tours and other outreach events for mid-level donors
- Provides donor cultivation support proactively and by request, researching, analyzing, and interpreting information from multiple internal and external sources in order to provide biographical and financial profiles on existing and potential donors with major gift potential
- Relays major donor prospect information to Donor Cultivation Manager
- Collaborates with Donor Cultivation Manager to develop a targeted Donor Cultivation Center specific marketing strategy
- Attends professional association and Mission-wide meetings and training as appropriate
- Supports Agape Dinner, 5K race and Hope In One golf event
- Performs other duties as assigned
You will possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Experience & Skills:
- Strong desire to work in a Christian ministry and passion for serving those experiencing homelessness
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially telecommunication
- Creative self-starter with strong time management skills
- Active listening and strong follow up skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Ability to multi-task and foster teamwork
- Strong computer literacy using the web, social media, and Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Power Point); experience working in a donor database or other CRM system
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
Physical Job Requirements
- Must have the ability to remain in a stationary position (standing, sitting and/or walking)
- Must have the ability to constantly operate a computer and other office equipment, such as a copy machine, calculator, computer, printer
- Must be able to communicate accurate information
- Must have the ability to maintain close vision
Employer PAID benefits: Term Life and AD&D Insurance - Short-Term Disability - Travel Assistance Program - Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Employee Advocacy Services - Dental Insurance (If participating in medical plan)
Employer CONTRIBUTED Benefits: Medical and 403b Retirement Plan
Atlanta Mission transforms, through Christ, the lives of those facing homelessness. We are a community united to end homelessness . . . one friend at a time.
Atlanta Mission has been called by God to serve the city of Atlanta.
Since its 1938 beginnings, this Christian nonprofit ministry has grown from a small soup kitchen to a multi-facility organization serving Metro Atlanta's large homeless population. Today, Atlanta Mission provides emergency shelter, rehab and recovery services, vocational training, services, and transitional housing. We serve more than 1,000 homeless men, women, and children every day.
Atlanta Mission meets each person where they are, in their unique circumstances, to provide customized services to help them overcome the cause of their homelessness.
We believe that a relationship with Christ is the key to restoration, redemption, and sustainable change for everyone. We invest in the spiritual, personal, and professional development of people, restoring and equipping them to intentional living. We believe that in empowering and coaching people toward excellence, we impact the quality of all we do.
Various factors lead to homelessness job loss, eviction, family tragedy, addiction, domestic violence, a major health condition, and more. The common denominator is a major crack in their life foundation. Our programs are multi-pronged and multi-layered, designed to meet people where life has led them.