Non-profit Campaign Copywriter and Editor
- Degree Level
You: A skilled copywriter…
Interested in making some extra money…
But also in helping people.
Us: A non-profit group promoting natural medicine (food, exercise, rest).
Let’s get together. Send us a few samples of your headlines with your resume and see if we can work together. Submitted applications who do not complete the exercise attached to this job posting will not be considered.
The Alliance for Natural Health USA is looking for a content writer and editor for our digital newsletter, the Pulse of Natural Health (currently more than half a million subscribers). This writer should have a "killer instinct" for effective titles and teasers as well as an eye for a broadly appealing but effective libertarian angle and voice.
Our ideal candidate will have a passion for natural health and health freedom, and experience writing about the current political and legislative landscape as it relates to natural health. Please see our website to view our current campaigns.
Working alongside our small staff, this writer will:
- Edit and oversee the accuracy and unique voice of our original 500-900 word articles (10-12/month, semi weekly), occasionally contributing their own original content;
- Craft eye-catching article headlines and teasers;
- Provide writing and editorial support for ad and fundraising copy;
- Make themselves aware of late breaking news and policy changes that relate to ANH campaigns;
- Be available to draft correspondence, policy communications, and public comments as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Efficient communicator with strong understanding of ANH’s editorial voice (see our website for current articles and archives);
- Able to work independently;
- Able to work well in a fast-paced collaborative environment with critical deadlines;
- Firm enough understanding of ANH-USA’s campaign issue issues to add their own relevant article fodder and background (not pulled from other sources)
Preference will be given to candidates who can offer the following:
- Firm grasp of nonprofit campaigns and their copy needs
- Direct experience writing under tight deadline for publication
- Experience with WordPress a plus
- Demonstrated interest in natural health and health choice freedom