After School Program Coordinator
- Experience Level
East Atlanta Kids Club seeks an energetic individual to help coordinate our after-school programs for youth ages 7 to 17. The After-School Program Coordinator will work with our Program Director, other staff and volunteers to lead our after-school program sessions, currently held on Mon., Tues., Wed. and Thurs. afternoons, and 1-2 Saturdays per month. This is a hands-on, direct service role that requires strong classroom management skills and a zest for teaching and mentoring.
- Help students with homework, plan and lead academic enrichment activities
- Plan and lead recreational and vocational education activities
- Help coordinate academic tutors and program volunteers
- Help coordinate the logistics of field trips and program activities, including transportation of youth
- Work with program staff to create lesson and activity plans
- Work with partnering organizations that support the programming goals of the organization
- Help administer the application process for the children and their families
- Work directly with parents to understand and fulfill the needs of the children and families participating in the organization
- Work with other program staff to provide oversight and guidance to program volunteers and interns
- Support program staff in volunteer recruitment, orientation and management. Administer background checks and conduct orientations for potential volunteers as needed.
- Assure the program maintains appropriate supplies and materials for program activities
- Coordinate and conduct surveys for parents, children and volunteers, and other outreach efforts
- Help manage data collection activities that measure the performance and effectiveness of the program
- Support grant reporting and compliance through data collection and organization
- Update program-related materials as needed
- Drive 20-passenger bus and/or chaperone youth on bus as needed for field trips (Desired)
- Other duties as needed
- 20-25 hours per week, with additional hours for field trips and special events.
- A genuine love of children and a personal commitment to making a difference in their lives;
- Documented experience working with grade school children and the ability to plan and carry out age-appropriate activities;
- Dependable and efficient with strong planning and organizational skills;
- The ability to adapt to change, perform multiple tasks, and work independently; and
- An outgoing and enthusiastic personality who enjoys working with others.
More searches like this
- Administrative / Clerical Youth Development Part Time jobs in Atlanta
- Advocacy / Lobbying Youth Development Part Time jobs in Atlanta
- Child Care / After school / Counselor Youth Development Part Time jobs in Atlanta
- Development / Fundraising Youth Development Part Time jobs in Atlanta
- Direct Service / Social Service Youth Development Part Time jobs in Atlanta