Biomedical Equipment Technician - BMET (Western Region)
- Position Type
- Full Time
MedShare is a humanitarian aid organization dedicated to improving the quality of life of people, communities and our planet by sourcing and directly delivering surplus medical supplies and equipment to communities in need around the world.
MedShare seeks a Biomedical Equipment Technician (BMET) for our Distribution Center in San Leandro, California. The Biomed Technician is primarily responsible for the testing and repair of donated equipment. The Biomed Technician is also responsible for soliciting equipment donations from hospitals, distributors and manufacturers. We are looking for experienced, professional, reliable and hardworking individuals.
Key duties include evaluation of potential biomedical equipment donations, troubleshooting and repair of equipment, maintenance of workshop and instruction manuals, updating the inventory management database and soliciting equipment donations from hospitals, distributors and manufacturers.
Reports To: Director of Operations, Western Region
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conducts technical evaluation of the equipment
- Evaluate outside equipment and provide documentation
- Evaluate technical performance of equipment on arrival
- Repair, scrap or designate as ready to ship
- Find and order new parts & accessories
- Repair existing or other equipment
- Evaluate outside donor shipments and provide documentation
- Solicit donations of biomedical equipment
- Develop and maintain relationships with prospective donors such as biomedical technicians at hospitals, clinics, manufacturers, professional associations and other nonprofit organizations
- Collaborate on development of ideas to market MedShare and increase equipment donations
- Represent MedShare, as needed, with prospective donors
- Manage the equipment database
- Inventory the received items and label correctly
- Update equipment status in database as needed
- Add equipment pieces to database without inventory numbers
- Remove items from database going to trash
- Maintain the biomedical lab
- Track and put away spare parts from donations and scrapped equipment
- Track and manage the incoming accessories
- Order and maintain general supplies
- Keep manuals, tools and other pieces in designated locations
- Maintain and add to testing equipment
- Periodically clean and sweep
- Clean equipment as needed
- Work on additional projects as needed
- Answer technical questions regarding current or past shipments
- Find or support equipment located in other countries
- Research the operation and needs of specialized pieces
- Other projects and responsibilities as assigned
- 2 – 4 years of experience working with biomedical equipment preferred
- Associate degree related to the field
- Lifting requirements (40lbs.)
- Ability to work effectively in a rapidly changing work environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills including public speaking, telephone and email
- International experience in the field preferred but not required
- Proficiency with other languages such as French or Spanish is preferred but not required
- Proficiency with various types of computer software including MS Office
MedShare offers a competitive salary commensurate with skills and experience. MedShare also offers an attractive benefits package for all fulltime employees, including full healthcare, dental, and vision, 401(k), and paid leave.
MedShare provides ample opportunities to learn about global health issues, medical supply chain management and philanthropic fundraising. Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter and salary expectations to: email@example.com with “Biomedical Equipment Technician” in the subject line.
Must have viable references from prior supervisors. We will check all references! BART friendly location.
Thank you for considering us!