Grants and Contracts Accountant
- Experience Level
Grants and Contracts Accountant
The Georgia Legal Services Program (GLSP), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit civil law firm, seeks a Grants and Contracts Accountant. Under the direction of the Accounting Manager the Grants and Contracts Accountant is responsible for the fiscal administration and accounting of all grants. The Grants and Contracts Accountant will become familiar with the GLSP corporate structure and its system of internal control as well as the fiscal requirements for the various granting agencies. Serves as the primary liaison for fiscal matter between the organization and funding sources.
- Monitors fiscal compliance with internal grants processes, federal, state and specific grants funding agencies’ regulations.
- Ensure financial compliance with donor requirements by tracking the terms and conditions of grants and contracts and monitoring grant periods and spending trends.
- Work with program teams to secure any award modifications on a timely basis.
- Assist with the agency financial reporting and budgeting process.
- Analyze and distribute program financial reports.
- Maintain an accounts receivable aging schedule.
- Assist program staff with interpreting spending trends and developing corrective action plans to ensure grant funds are expended within the award period.
- Evaluates expenses reflected on financial reports and other financial documents to ensure compliance with government and other donor terms and regulations.
- Maintain a detail database of grant awards.
- Post-award administration of grants, fiscal management of restricted funds – includes chart of accounts maintenance, budget, fiscal compliance, internal and external reporting, indirect and administrative costs, invoicing, drawdowns, and collections.
- Produce journal entries related to contracts/grants revenues and expenses.
- Supports staff in preparing grant proposal budgets, budget narratives and budget modifications.
- Assist with program and annual audits including prepare the annual Schedule of Expenditures for Federal Awards (SEFA) for the organization.
- Coordinate all funder site visits as it relates to audits and fiscal reviews.
- Ensure appropriate supporting documents for all grants and contracts are maintained in an organized and auditable manner, electronically and in paper form, as needed.
- Performs grant closeouts as required by funding source, including final reconciliations, financial status reports, final invoices, purchase order liquidations, zeroing out budgets, and final reporting.
- Backstop other accounting staff functions, as needed.
- Other general accounting duties, as assigned.
A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required. At least 5 years of relevant experience, within areas of social services, working with budgets and grants including State and Federal grants. Direct experience in non-profit fund accounting and application use of Blackbaud’s Financial Edge a plus. Competent in Microsoft Office applications including advance skills in Excel.
GLSP offers excellent fringe benefits. A statement of interest, resume should be submitted to email@example.com.
GLSP is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Georgia Legal Services Program not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, medical condition, national origin, disability, marital or other protected status.