- Experience Level
As a key member of the program team, the Program Associate will work closely with the Director of Programs and Services to plan, implement, and evaluate all programs and services. The Program Associate will work closely with staff colleagues, volunteers, clients and other community members. This position requires the ability to provide exceptional customer service to all those involved with the agency and the ability to work well as part of a team. This position requires the flexibility and ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Provide information and support to clients either by phone, in-person, or online.
- Work with a variety of volunteers to ensure delivery of BCC’s programs and services.
- Provide administrative support to our Helpline (staffed by volunteers) and provide back-up to the Helpline as needed.
- Train Helpline and other volunteers, and answer questions about programs and client database.
- Provide exceptional customer service to all clients and feel comfortable interacting with clients who may have recently received a cancer diagnosis or are currently receiving treatment for breast or ovarian cancer.
- Update Program Calendar on Bay Area Cancer Connections Website.
- Assist with creation of the quarterly Program Calendar using Adobe InDesign.
- Assist in implementation of outreach efforts.
- Provide assistance with quality checks of programs and services. Liaise with group facilitators, presenters, and community partners to ensure programs and services are executed as planned.
- Assist Director of Programs and Services with program monitoring and evaluation to provide the highest quality of program delivery.
- Assist Director of Programs and Services with planning and implementing annual events such as Complementary Therapies Day, our Annual Conference, and Special Presentations.
- Assist Development Officer with in-kind donations for Programs and Special Events.
- Track inventory for the Comfort Totes and order supplies as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Programs and Services.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a supportive non-profit environment and have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred, and 1-3 years of experience.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
- Strong data management skills and experience using data to guide decision-making and programmatic quality assurance.
- Exceptional communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to engage clients, staff, and volunteers in a professional manner.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Access; experience with Adobe InDesign a plus; significant experience with relational databases a plus.
- Able to work independently and as a positive member of a team.
- Demonstrated initiative and follow-through.
- Knowledge of cancer-related issues desirable.
- Ability to interact effectively with a diverse group of people.
- A sense of humor.
A successful candidate must be passionate, strategic, numbers driven, team-oriented, collaborative, flexible, results-oriented, and able to work with minimal supervision.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.