- Degree Level
Department: GCN Nonprofit Consulting Group
Reports to: GCN-VP Consulting
Job Description: The Consultant performs a full range of consulting for nonprofit organizations at the Georgia Center for Nonprofits, Nonprofit Consulting Group. S/he will serve as strategic planning, fundraising and/or board development to a variety of nonprofits. While the Consultant will primarily facilitate strategic planning, the consultant may be involved in other types of engagements. Individual must have strong strategy and facilitation skills.
This position requires broad experience in all aspects of nonprofit management and/or consulting. The individual must be dynamic, energetic, strategic, and experienced professional with a broad skill set. The individual will be responsible for meeting utilization and financial goals, conducting business development to enhance the pipeline and able to provide consulting to many different types of nonprofits. This position requires ability to scope and price consulting projects, ability to diagnosis issues and recommend consulting approaches.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Consult with nonprofit organizations to design, facilitate and write strategic plans that are results based, fit the culture of the organization and provide a process within the cost parameters of the organization.
- Facilitate strategic planning sessions with boards of directors or co lead groups to support a senior consultant using a clear and identified process.
- Draft strategic plans for client review with results based goals.
- Understand nonprofit fundraising and can consult/coach nonprofits on basic development functions.
- Ability to work with boards of directors to understand their roles. Ability to facilitate board development retreats and workshops.
- Network and build long-lasting customer relationships
- Teach appropriate Nonprofit University classes and member events.
- Participate in business development activities and develop personal leads for consulting.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Master’s Degree preferred. Bachelor’s degree required
- 10 years of experience with a proven record of success in nonprofit management
- Ideally know nonprofit industry and understand principles of nonprofit management
- Must have strategic planning skills and articulate process for facilitating a plan
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong facilitation and communication skills
- Ability to develop leads and create business development pipeline
- Proven work experience in nonprofits
- Must be extremely reliable, with the capacity to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Must be able to prioritize and coordinate a diverse workload in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and high-level business writing proficiency, as well as interpersonal, technical, and decision-making skills, are all essential characteristics
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook are preferred
- Passion and knowledge of the nonprofit industry is a plus
Additional position details:
- Compensation commensurate with skills and experience.
- GCN will offer a compensation package including base salary + health allowance, dental and PTO
- Please post your cover letter and resume on Work for Good by clicking the "apply" button
- We appreciate your interest and look forward to receiving submissions via Work for Good only.