Special Events and Promotions Manager
- Experience Level
Working with the Vice President, Development Director, and Membership and Service Manager the Special Events & Promotions Manager will be responsible for the sponsorship package development, solicitation, planning, marketing, sponsor packet and execution of all special events and board meetings. Will also be responsible for managing the Georgia Conservancy’s junior board, Generation Green.
Manage the event planning, marketing, sponsor solicitation, and execution of receptions, donor recognition, and educational and fundraising events.
- Develop and maintain a master calendar of events and monitor progress status against calendar, timelines and pre-determined benchmarks
- Develop and manage an annual out-the-door strategic sponsorship outreach plan to ensure event sponsorship
- Plan and execute site visits, contract negotiation with vendors and venues, and securing proper event permits
- Implement events using GC’s special event committee model to raise profile, attract sponsors and increase ticket sales by recruiting and managing the following:
- Event Chairs
- InKind Contributors
- Hosts Committees
- Fundraising Committees
- Marketing Committees
- Develop timelines, budgets, goals, objectives, follow-up, and evaluations for each event
- Silent Auction Management and Execution
- Write and send thank you letters for In-Kind Donors and Event Sponsors
- Work with communications director, trips director, and membership manager to create and implement a general marketing and promotional strategy for Georgia Conservancy events, trips, and membership.
- Create annual direct/e-mail campaign solicitations.
- Manage design of collateral/promotional materials including invites, magazines, sponsorship decks, impact/program reports.
- Create and manage sales/inventory promotional items.
- Coordinate social media strategies that promote events.
- Create content for promotional presentations.
- Managing the creation of web pages to support special events
Board of Trustees
- Working with the President, develop the Conservancy’s annual board meeting schedule, and help select and secure locations for quarterly board meetings.
- Working with program managers and the President, collect, organize and distribute board meeting related materials and information.
- Maintain and manage up-to-date board lists, orientation materials and historical board documents.
- Develop timelines, budgets, follow-up, and evaluations for each board meeting.
- Plan and execute site visits and contract negotiation as needed with vendors and venues.
- Attend all board meetings to ensure that all logistics and technology for meetings work as they should.
- Keep Board and Executive Committee Meeting Minutes
- Work with the Generation Green Executive Committee to help host the Generation Green Board Meetings and general scheduling where needed.
- Attend Gen Green Board Meetings, Event Committee Meetings, and Education Committees
- Attend the Generation Green Retreat in August (1 night)
- Serve as the main GC staff liaison for Generation Green Members – manage staff leads for GG committees and report to full GC staff with updates.
- 4-year College Degree
- 2-4 years event management or promotion experience
- Strong speaking and writing skills
- Experience working with InDesign or other graphic design software
- Demonstrated history of being a team player
- Passion for stewardship of Georgia’s natural resources
- Dedication to the Georgia Conservancy’s vision and mission
- Outgoing and professional conduct
- Comfort level in engaging with unfamiliar individuals at events or other settings
- Demonstrated sensitivity in handling confidential information
- Highly organized with an attention to detail