- Experience Level
Bearings Bike Shop is a growing, grassroots youth development organization where kids in Atlanta can earn and maintain a bicycle while developing the skills and character essential to success in adulthood. Learn more about bearingsbikeshop.org.
We are looking for a growth-minded individual that is passionate about youth, bikes, and skills development. The ideal candidate for this position is:
- A relationship builder; someone who loves winning others over and authentically finding ways to connect donors’ passions to the work of Bearings.
- A detail-oriented planner and creator of systems.
- An individual with excellent taste and a high standard of excellence for brand touchpoints, whether a postcard, an event or casual encounter with a stranger.
- Has 2-4 years experience working in non-profit development.
- And finally, is passionate about being part of work changing the lives of youth on Atlanta’s Westside!
Supervised by the Director of Operations and Advancement, the Development Manager works closely with the Director of Operations and the Executive Director and oversees all day-to-day development operations. This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position.
The Development Manager will be responsible for creating and managing the donor journey, including:
- Managing donor and supporter digital and print communications, including social media activities, print pieces and website
- Planning and implementing donor cultivation events
- Managing donor database
- Building relationships with and soliciting donors
Prospect Identification and Research
- Research donor prospects and plan cultivation journey
- Build relationships with and development ways to engage donor prospects in Bearings
- Manage all digital marketing, including regular newsletters, targeted digital marketing and social media communication
- Oversee planning of donor cultivation events, working with volunteer teams and committees to produce events.
- Arrange tours and cultivation events for donor prospects
- Oversee planning of and attend community relations and awareness-building events (Streets Alive, etc.)
- Produce print and digital collateral (writing, design and production)
- Assist senior leadership by ensuring organization has necessary communication pieces for donor solicitation meetings or events
- Attend solicitation meetings with foundations, major donors, etc.
- Write and submit grant applications
- Maintain donor database
- Oversee gift acknowledgement process
- Build relationships with and help donors feel connected to the difference they’re making through their involvement in Bearings
Please do not apply if you do not have non-profit development experience. Interested candidates may send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.