Accounting and Administrative Assistant
7 days left
- Experience Level
The League of Women Voters of Georgia is a non-profit nonpartisan political organization encouraging informed and active participation in government through education and advocacy. We never support or oppose any political party or candidate. Organized at the national (LWVUS), state (LWVGA), and local levels, we have twelve local leagues around the state, and an office in Northwest Atlanta. Primarily a volunteer-driven organization, we have an all-volunteer Board of Directors that governs the organization accordingly.
We are seeking a Part-time Accounting/Administrative Assistant to join our team! You will perform financial and clerical functions in order to drive organizational success. This position reports directly to the Office Manager and is responsible for processing bills, donations, receipts, expense reports, and purchase orders using QuickBooks and Excel.
A working knowledge of QuickBooks is required. Must be very detail oriented and able to handle a large volume of transactions, and be willing to follow-up with employees, volunteers and sub-contractors for required documentation. Must be very comfortable working with multiple computer programs.
This position can expect 8-12 hours per week with possibility for additional hours in the future.
Flexible work schedule within business hours. (Office Hours: 10 - 3 pm M-F)
Job Type: Part-time
· Create financial transactions and reports from that information using QuickBooks and Excel.
· Process and pay bills and post information to accounting software from invoices, cash/check receipts in a timely manner
· Answer inbound telephone calls
· Pick up and process mail
· Occasional filing and assistance with membership renewal mailings
· Perform other office tasks as required
· Previous experience in office administration or other related fields
· Advanced skill level with Microsoft Office Suite
· Experience using Quick Books is required
· Ability to prioritize and multitask
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong attention to detail
· Strong organizational skills
· Experience using PayPal a plus
· Experience working or volunteering for a non-profit organization is a plus, but not required.
HOW TO APPLY: Please email cover letter, resume and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org.