Foundation & Grants Manager
- Experience Level
The Foundation and Grants Manager collaborates closely with the development team and Chief Development Officer to develop and implement strategy, while building and stewarding relationships with corporate and foundation partners. This role also includes the opportunity to participate in development office administration, donor stewardship at performances and events, as well as ongoing donor cultivation.
The competitive candidate will demonstrate experience in working with foundations and corporate partners, familiarity with comprehensive development strategy and operations, and a desire to be a part of a dynamic and growing opera company and Atlanta’s broader arts community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Draft proposals and reports for funding partners and prospects.
- Research new potential funding foundations and maintain relationships with funders through timely and complete reporting
- Collaborate with Chief Developing Officer on annual planning and strategy.
- Manage grants calendar, including deadlines for requests and reports, as well as annual projections.
- Work with community partners to build relationships with state, local and federal government to secure public funding
- Ensure all donor reporting requirements are met in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure the accurate and timely documentation of solicitations, awards, and stewardship requirements in Tessitura - our donor management system - for all assigned constituencies
- Attend special events as needed with other members of development staff
- Other duties, as assigned
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment in partnership with the staff, board, major donors and volunteers
- Superior writing and editing skills, with direct proposal and report-writing experience
- Excellent organizational and research skills
- An ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and time management skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent professional experience
- A minimum of 3 years professional development experience with demonstrated fundraising success
- Ability to write reports and proposals in a clear, concise, and easy-to-read manner
- Proficiency with all Office Suite software including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Tessitura database (or other fundraising software) experience a plus
- Position requires evening and weekend obligations during the opera season, including donor cultivation event sand show performances
- A strong interest in opera, music or the theater desired
- Ability to sit at a desk for up to and over eight hours per day
- Ability to communicate using a phone and headset
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
- Must perform the functions of the position in a safe manner
More searches like this
- Administrative / Clerical Arts / Culture / Humanities $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Development / Fundraising Arts / Culture / Humanities $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Public Policy / Administration Arts / Culture / Humanities $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Research Arts / Culture / Humanities $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta