- Experience Level
Development Director – Global Partners in Life
As the Development Director, this person will play a critical role in increasing Global Partners in Life’s annual contributions. This position is designed to report directly to the President, yet work independently and remotely. The Development Director will serve as a key leadership team member and an active participant in making strategic decisions affecting Global Partners in Life. In partnership with the president, this position is responsible for leading all fundraising and development activities. The successful candidate will help forge new relationships to build Global Partners in Life’s visibility, impact, and financial resources. The Development Director will also design and implement a comprehensive plan for developing key external relationships while cultivating individual and philanthropic support.
The Development Director will have primary responsibility for establishing and implementing the infrastructure needed to grow our funding through the solicitation of major gifts, grants, special events, corporate and foundation support.
Additionally, the Development Director will expand and diversify our donor base and work closely with strategic friends to secure funding for new initiatives. The Development Director will also work closely with the Board of Directors to enhance the Board’s engagement and role in fundraising. It is expected that the amount raised by Global Partners in Life will increase significantly in future years as the Development Director systematically and effectively strengthens the organization's overall fundraising capacity.
- Experienced in successfully raising support.
- Previous experience in working with foundations, grant writing, and corporate donors.
- Passionate about the goals of Global Partners in Life (GPiL.)
- Ability to develop fundraising strategies and plan events.
- Proven ability to cultivate relationships with donors.
- Knowledgeable and experienced with utilizing social media to promote GPiL.
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Able to keep security in mind at all times.
- Experienced in writing blogs, newsletters, WordPress, and using MailChimp.
- Able to travel to meetings with donors.
- Able to travel domestically and internationally as required.
- Speaking Mandarin is a plus!
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experienced in coaching others.
- Experienced with eTapestry software a plus
- Design and implement a major donor program for donors over $20,000 annually.
- Design reports for the president and board illustrating growth in contributions and projected funding.
- Responsible for expanding the financial and geographic scope of Global Partners in Life’s donor base.
- Successfully raise $100,000 in their first 3 months from new donors.
- Recruit trip participants and lead international trips.
- Develop a strategy for Global Partners in Life to reach $1,000,000 in contributions by the end of the year 2021.
- Recognize giving trends.
- Strategize with the Board of Directors to increase their engagement and impact.
- Minimum of one grant proposal submitted quarterly.
- Learn from proven fundraisers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Based on experience, a competitive compensation will be offered.