Planned Giving Associate Director
7 days left
- Experience Level
The Salvation Army Southern Territory is seeking an Associate Planned Giving Director in Eastern Kentucky/Tennessee for the world’s largest charitable organization that is “doing the most good.”
We are committed to providing programs for families and children through shelter, after school programs, ending the cycle of poverty, and programs that combat human trafficking.
The Gift Planning Associate Director will cultivate and secure gifts to fund the Mission of The Salvation Army by developing and nurturing current and prospective donors and their professional advisors in the assigned geographic region and will respond to inquiries and communicate with donors, prospects, advisory organization members, Salvation Army staff and Officers. Donor visits and some overnight travel is required primarily within the assigned region of Eastern Tennessee and Eastern Kentucky. The incumbent may live in the Knoxville area, or the Kingsport, Johnson City, Bristol TN area.
This position will also:
- Conduct planned giving seminars and performs public speaking at Senior Citizens Expos, Home League and Rotary, etc.; establishes and maintains professional relationships in the community
- Assists local officers, their boards and committees in developing local promotional plans; conducts presentations to the advisory boards and meets with the Planned Giving Committee; cooperates with the divisional leaders, advisory boards, corps officers, other professionals and advisors.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the Internal Revenue Service regulations and applicable state laws; ensures continuous compliance to the same.
- Attends and participates in conferences and training sessions; reviews and studies various planned giving periodicals and publications; maintains up-to-date knowledge and awareness of planned giving practices and legislation in relation to planned giving and taxation.
We are looking for candidates with a proven track record of success and the following skills and experience:
- Five years’ experience achieving results in the fundraising field; planned giving, major gifts, development, capital campaigns or related
- Demonstrated ability and experience building strong trusting relationships with clients
- Experience supervising projects
- Two to three year’s planned giving experience preferred but not required
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Ability to acquire a working knowledge of a large body of new, technical information
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including public presentations
- Ability to travel around assigned region
The Salvation Army recognizes that peace of mind is important to employees and their families. Because of this, we offer a competitive salary, home office set up, reimbursed travel expenses, full health coverage, retirement, professional development, and paid time off!
For consideration, please send a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to: email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Candidates should recognize that The Salvation Army is a Church and agree that they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled