Senior Manager of Development
- Experience Level
Senior Manager of Development Position Overview
The Senior Manager of Development, in collaboration with the Director of Communications, Executive Director and grant writing consultant, will be responsible for fund development research and prospecting; managing the fund development calendar; writing reports and proposals; and coordinating proposal and report writing and submissions. The Senior Manager of Development will also track fundraising goals and grants using our Salesforce database. Additionally, the Senior Manager of Development will support the Director of Communications with communication activities as needed, which include: editing website content, updating social media posts, newsletter and others. This role reports directly to the Director of Communications. Specific responsibilities for this position at MyPath include:
Fundraising, Grantwriting, and Fund Development Planning (80%)
- With the Director of Communications and Executive Director’s guidance, manage activities for institutional donor cultivation, solicitation, and relationship management (i.e., research, outreach, and initial letters of inquiry).
- Support prospecting research activities (both national and local, as well as for specific populations), including setting up calls and meetings for Executive Director with potential and current funders. The Senior Manager will also attend certain meetings and calls, and take necessary follow up actions as needed with potential and current funders. Eventually the Senior Manager will be the lead point of contact for specific funders.
- Maintain careful and accurate tracking of all institutional funds sought and received, including multi-year grants. Track deadlines for all proposals and reports to ensure timely submission of complete reporting packages, and inquiries about renewed support.
- Coordinate the assembly of all reports and grant attachments; and submit grant proposals and report packages for all foundations, corporations and government funding sources. The Senior Manager of Development will play a lead role in developing proposal narratives and reports, with support and training initially as needed.
- Assist the Development Team to create and then manage the implementation of a fund development strategy and plan to solidify and expand funds from existing sources and to diversify and expand funding sources
- Implement and manage new individual donor plan, especially individual donor communications.
- Support year-end Board fundraising activities.
- Liaison with MyPath staff to gather data and information needed for funder reports in a timely fashion.
- Attend and represent MyPath at networking events, speaking engagements, conferences, etc.
- Maintain development systems, including files (both hard copy and electronic), the Salesforce database, gift/payment processing, and acknowledgement letters.
- As needed, support organizational events, especially regarding funder recognition and individual donor cultivation
- Support Director of Communications in elevating MyPath’s reputation and visibility among funders
- With the Director of Communication’s guidance, maintain MyPath’s website, including updates that may include developing content, as well as assembling updates from staff.
- Assemble and disseminate MyPath’s monthly e-newsletter, including the development and maintenance of segmented lists via Salesforce database.
- Maintain MyPath’s social media presence, including weekly updates to Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Assist with the development of materials about MyPath and its impact, including written and photo profiles of participants and partner sites.
- 4 -5 years of experience in nonprofit fund development, specifically with development systems, development project management, funder research, and grantwriting.
- Proven success in supporting fund development and donor relations programs, and in coordinating the development of proposals for various funder audiences.
- Experience managing and/or building efficient fund development systems in a growing nonprofit, and processes that effectively engage multiple staff in producing quality end products in a timely manner.
- Experience supporting social media activities, especially Twitter.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as proofreading skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to drive projects to completion independently and as part of a team.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, database software (specifically Salesforce), WordPress, and Google services (e.g., calendar, Drive).
- Experience in financial capability, youth employment programs and youth development a plus.
- Ability to thrive in an environment with diverse perspectives and working styles.
- Driven to meet MyPath’s mission.
- Ability to be creative, think critically and effectively manage setbacks.
MyPath is an equal opportunity employer, and we actively work to build a team that reflects the diversity of the communities and young people we serve. People of color, women, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application Details and Process:
Review of applications will start July 9 and continue on a rolling basis until position is filled.
Annual compensation range is $65,000 – 70,000.
Please send the following to jobs@MyPathUS.org indicating your interest in the Senior Manager of Development position in the subject line:
- Resume and detailed cover letter highlighting your interest and relevant experience
- Two grant proposals and/or final report writing samples