Family Services Manager
- Experience Level
The Family Services Manager is directly responsible for the overall administration, supervision, coordination, and organization of the Family Services/ERSEA component.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, develop and administer the Family Services component, ensuring an integrated and comprehensive system of services for children and families.
- Provide training and guidance to staff, parents, and community members on a variety of pertinent topics in the area of family services.
- Ensure on-going monitoring, tracking, follow-up and analysis of family and community services, including ERSEA and PFCE outcomes.
- Maintain record keeping and reporting systems, including service area plan, schedules, timelines policies and procedures for family services and ERSEA in accordance with Head Start Performance Standards and applicable laws and regulations.
- Oversee implementation of the PFCE framework to ensure systematic processes and procedures.
- Maintain enrollment forms, insuring information is current, correct and disseminated to all necessary staff to meet program requirements.
- Determine the need for recruitment activities to provided information and enrollment opportunities to children and families.
- Ensure coordination of communication with staff, parents, program consultants and community to enhance services to children and families.
- Supervise and oversee tasks and activities within the Family Services component to ensure the full delivery of integrated service.
- Promote strength-based preventative family support and knowledge.
- Identify future training needs and gaps in resources.
- Coordinate services with other organizations and/or programs to enhance the support given to children and their family.
- Serve as a liaison with community partners and maintain professional relationships to ensure effective collaboration of services.
- Collaborate with community partners for recruitment to enhance TRF family services.
- Ensure effective transition planning for children families.
- Assist in planning and preparing special events or activities.
- On-going professional development through education, role modeling, mentoring, and training.
- Ability to travel throughout TRF servicer area on a regular basis.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as determined by immediate supervisor or as needs arise.
Professional and Ethical Standards
- Maintain confidentiality in accordance with Agency policy and legal requirements.
- Be honest, reliable and dependable.
- Respect and maintain rights and privacy of all staff, parents, and children.
- Attend mandated trainings and meetings, and seek out staff development opportunities.
- Work as a team member with all staff and maintain a positive work ethic.
- Ensure endorsement and support of Early Head Start (EHS) and Head Start (HS) goals and philosophy.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Act conscientiously in performing routine duties
Qualifications/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and government regulations in fields relevant to position.
- Ability to effectively communicate with community members and groups, managers, regulatory agencies, and families both individually and in group settings.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently but with a strong teamwork commitment as a positive team member.
- Ability to meet imposed deadlines and goals
- Ability to work as a positive team member.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations
- Ability to research, identify and connect to family support resources.
- Knowledge of various software programs such as MS Word, Excel, Power-Point, and Publisher.
Education/Certifications: Master’s degree preferred in Social Work, Education Administration, Human Development, etc. FDC Credential preferred. Experience working in social work, case management or as a health or parent involvement coordinator in a related program a plus. Must have three to five years (3-5) plus years of progressive management experience as well as direct experience working with Head Start and Early Head Start.
- Must successfully pass a physical examination and have a current T.B. clearance.
- Must complete a criminal background clearance through Community Care Licensing (DOJ/FBI/CAI).
- Must possess a CA driver’s license, access to an automobile, and evidence of automobile insurance.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The employee must be able to occasionally lift 20 pounds overhead and 40 pounds from waist to shoulder. The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 40 pounds, and occasionally lifts 50 pounds from floor to waist. The employee must be able to push/pull up to 75 pounds horizontally. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
More searches like this
- Advocacy / Lobbying Youth Development $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Los Angeles
- Child Care / After school / Counselor Youth Development $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Los Angeles
- Program / Project Management Youth Development $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Los Angeles
- Social Work / Counseling Youth Development $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Los Angeles