- Experience Level
FCS I Focus Community Strategies partners with under-resourced neighborhoods to provide innovative and holistic development that produces flourishing communities where God's Shalom is present. www.fcsministries.org
Job Title: Controller
Reports To: Executive Director
Description: The Controller will be responsible for financial management and oversight, human resources and operations for FCS. As a community development organization, FCS’s work includes mixed-income housing, economic development, neighborhood engagement, training and consulting. Working with the management team, the Controller also contributes to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices.
- Manage the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, cash disbursement, invoicing/billing, staff credit cards, payroll, perpetual inventory integrity, fixed asset records, general accounting.
- Safeguard assets and assure accurate and timely recording of all transactions by implementing disciplines of internal audits, controls and checks across all departments.
- Create, improve and issue timely monthly and quarterly financial reports to Executive Director, Program Directors and Board of Directors.
- Provide financial analysis tools to evaluate organization’s programs, assets, product costs, special projects and grant reporting.
- Manage commercial banking relationships to facilitate an appropriate credit resource under highly competitive terms.
- Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of organizations mission -- specifically, support better management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning.
- Management of annual budgets in coordination with the Executive Director. Development of program budgets with each Director.
- Manage FCS financed mortgages, escrow accounts and taxes.
- Oversee inventory processes, cash management, and vendor payments in coordination with Director of Economic Development for FCS stores.
- Assist with grant applications and reporting for financial requirements.
- Coordinate annual audit with outside accounting firm
- Reconciling monthly activity, generating year-end reports, and fulfilling tax related requirements.
- Ensure that Accounting Department requests are resolved and communicated in a timely manner to internal and external parties.
- Management and oversight all of human resources including hiring, termination, Payroll management, paid time off and benefits management.
- Oversee operations to include IT services, technology vendors (phones, internet, software subscriptions, etc)
- Oversee organizational insurance policies.
- Organization of fiscal documents and maintaining archival and administrative files.
- Regular meetings with Executive Director around fiscal planning.
- Supervise and coach accounting team and office manager. Develop a cohesive team and provide opportunities for staff development.
- Commitment to the mission of FCS and community development
- At least 5 years experience in Financial Management
- Working knowledge of commercial banking relationships
- Financial experience with real estate and retail is preferred
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Suite and Quickbooks
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- Budget development and oversight experience
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Knowledge of tax and other compliance implications of non-profit status
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view
- Persuasive with details and facts
- Delegate responsibilities effectively
Full-time – 40 hours a week, competitive salary and employer paid health, dental and life insurance.