NATIONAL CONFERENCE ASSISTANT
- Experience Level
The Society of Asian Scientists and Engineers (SASE) is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization with a mission to support the advancement of Asian scientists and engineers in education and employment so that they can achieve their full career potential. In addition to their professional development, the SASE also encourages members to contribute to the enhancement of the communities in which they live.
The National Conference Assistant (NCA) reports to and serves as the primary assistant to the National Conference Coordinator (NCC) and secondarily to SASE Executive Director (ED) for the National Conference. The NCA will be responsible in assisting, planning, developing and coordinating for all aspects of the national conference. In addition to working closely with 3rd party vendors, this person will also work closely with the National Conference Committee team to develop and execute the national conference. The NCA will also be responsible for developing and maintaining corporate support for the national conference.
NCA will work closely with technical, membership, collegiate and marketing committees of the organization and team members are remote, so strong communication skills are needed. Tasks require a strong attention to detail because the national conference is a complex and large event with 3,000+ people. SASE is a virtual organization and all employees work from home. The NCA will be expected to have a work area with reliable internet at home. The position is currently offered as a part-time and may be expanded to full time in the future. The compensation is $19/hr. There are 4 possible required travel trips during the year (once every quarter). All work related travel expenses will be paid for by SASE. There are no extra benefits currently with this position. Estimated work should average 20 hours per week, but will vary as needed (particularly increase as the national conference approaches in October, flexible hours: work evenings and weekends as needed).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist to create, develop, manage a timetable of activities (Plan) leading to the national conference
- Assist to execute the Plan for the national conference with given resources
- Work with 3rd parties to support the national conference
- Travel to the conference location for the planning and executing the conference (2-3 times a year)
- Be at the National Conference before, during and after (up to 1 week on location)
- Coordinate with NCC, National Conference Committee Chair and the volunteers to execute the Plan
- Help maintain an up-to-date conference website
- Oversee the special events committees within NC such as SASEbowl, SASEtank, SASEhack, etc.
- Send sponsor email blasts through MailChimp leading up to NC
- Double check all NC room layouts and Banquet Event Orders
- Communicate to various SASE stakeholders on the progress of national conference
- Develop an understanding of the corporate sponsors and their needs
- Assist to track and report on all national conference metrics in summary report after 1 month of completion
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the NCC or ED
- Demonstrate a
- A strong work ethic since the position is remote
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 2+ yrs experience in managing events (100+), this could include collegiate events (as a student)
- Demonstrated execution skills developing strategies and action plans.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work, manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a time-constrained environment
- Ability to initiate and complete tasks with minimal supervision; be self-directed
- Strong written and oral presentation skills.
- Experience in using MS Word, Xcel, PowerPoint, Google online office products (Doc, Sheets, Slides, etc.)
- Experience with updating websites
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, hospitality management or sales
- 2+ yrs experience in corporate relationship/sales
- Experienced in a project management tool
- Proven ability to develop collaborative working relationships with diverse individuals and organizations.
- Globally minded with experience working well across different countries and cultures.
- Understand and have work experience with non-profit organization laws and regulations in the US.
- Foreign language capability.
- Passion, Integrity and Energy!
You can find out more information on our organization at saseconnect.org