- Experience Level
Decatur Presbyterian Church (DPC), a traditional, creative, intergenerational Presbyterian Church (USA) worship community in Decatur, Georgia, seeks a church administrator. DPC is a robust and thriving congregation of over 780 active members. Our core strategies are to engage people of all ages in high quality experiences of worship and faith formation, implement courageous outreach efforts that engage new people with the church community, care compassionately for those struggling with life circumstances, including those living on the margins of society, and intentionally build relationships within the church community. The mission of the Decatur Presbyterian Church community is to share Jesus Christ’s love for the world.
1. Schedule facility use for groups in all church buildings, including Retreat Center.
2. Oversee work of Physical Plant Manager and custodial staff.
3. Maintain the church’s website and social media outlets.
4. Communicate the message of the church in all relevant formats: print, electronic, internetand social media. Collaborate with other DPC staff, committees, councils, and groups to promote events, etc. within DPC and in the community.
5. Oversee all assigned administrative functions and special projects of the church office, as well as office procedures including filing, records maintenance, word processing, emails, and mail distribution; maintain all office equipment and supplies; train staff and volunteers on use of office equipment, including phone system and copier/printing equipment.
6. Work with established budgets for areas of responsibility.
7. In consultation with the Technology Guild, serve as “go to” person for questions and problems regarding all computer hardware and software.
8. Compile and oversee distribution of regular and special congregational communications/mailings, and maintain the church calendar(s).
Hours: This is a full-time exempt position reporting to the senior pastor. 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday, and 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. on Friday (though this professional position will require meetings outside of normal hours).
• Undergraduate degree and minimum of 3 years office experience in an administrative role; ability to oversee work of others and delegate as appropriate
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Strong office skills: typing, filing, phones, business etiquette, math/accounting
• Experience with or ability to learn use of office equipment (copier, fax, postage machine, printer, folding machines, phone system)
• Solid knowledge of computer software, hardware, and peripherals and ability to learn software programs without much, if any, training or direction
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
Strongly prefer prior experience in two or more of the following:
• Office management
• Facilities management and vendor management
• Supervisory duties
Environmental Factors: Ability to be on feet (may be outside in heat) for hours or at a desk for hours. Some lifting (deliveries) required.
DPC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages applications from persons of all backgrounds.