Primary School Admission Manager
- Position Type
- Full Time
Atlanta International School (AIS) is seeking qualified candidates for a Primary Admission Manager (3K-5). We are an independent, non-profit, secular school and one of the few schools in the US offering the International Baccalaureate (IB) Continuum to our three-year-olds to Grade 12. The student body, numbering 1,220 is approximately 50% American and 50% international; the diverse faculty and staff come from over 35 different countries. More than 90 nationalities and 60 languages are represented in the AIS community.
Atlanta International School is seeking a driven, warm, personable, detail-oriented, and highly organized Admission Manager to own and lead the admissions process in for our Primary School. This role will have extensive interaction with parents and students. The ideal candidate will be passionate and articulate about sharing with families our internationally recognized program, will have outstanding communication, organization, detail-management, and project management skills, and will be goal driven. The candidate must be comfortable working with database systems and Excel, and would ideally have experience with Ravenna.
- Manages the full-cycle admissions process from application submission to enrollment. This includes organizing, building and managing the calendar for Primary Admission Sessions and assessments.
- Actively maintains prospect pipeline beginning with inquiry; once an application is submitted, actively completing incomplete applications, moving completed applications to review, and once a decision is made, notifying families.
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of all admissions records, tracks applicant status, and assists applicants in the admissions and enrollment process.
- Ensures a world-class experience for prospective parents and students by providing excellent customer service, including answering applicants' questions throughout the application process.
- Represents the school and disseminates appropriate information to prospective students and other interested parties.
- Spends time in classrooms and at school events getting to know programs, faculty and parent
- Works with marketing teams and the Registrar, and coordinates and attends admissions activities, including informational meetings, school tours, individual meetings, and student testing.
- Works cooperatively to provide appropriate data for purposes of reporting and research.
To join our team, you must...
- Have exceptional organizational and detail-management skills; ability to establish and manage multiple priorities; ability to work under pressure.
- Have attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be comfortable with nontraditional work hours; evenings and some weekends per month are a must
- Have a flexible work schedule, including evenings and weekends to attend Information Sessions, Admissions Events and Community Events.
- Possess proven effectiveness in building relationships with internal and external stakeholders and have the ability to apply a collaborative, creative approach to problem-solving
- Be customer-service oriented with a clear drive to play a leading role in building the student body.
- Have superior follow-up skills with the ability to guide prospects to positive conclusion.
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and drive.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Have patience, flexibility, and a sense of humor.
- Enjoy working in an environment serving children.
- Navigate and maintain database integrity.
- Bachelor's degree
- 2-4 years in admissions or a sales, customer service, marketing role, or similar field
- Ability to communicate in either Spanish, French, German or Mandarin in addition to English
- Experience working with young students is preferred
Please send your resume and cover letter as attachments to email@example.com, using 'Primary School Admission Manager' as the subject heading. We will contact those whose skills and experience best match our needs. Given the number of applications expected no telephone inquiries, please.