- Experience Level
Westside Children’s Center (WCC) exists to give at-risk children and children living in poverty the foundation they need to increase their life choices and lead fulfilling lives. For over 25 years, WCC has been providing thousands of at-risk children and their families with critical, high-quality early education programs (including comprehensive Early Head Start services), family strengthening interventions, foster care and adoption services, and a range of vital, integrated services, including educational assessments, disabilities screenings, nutrition, dental and vision screenings, and pediatric health consultations.
The Development Assistant will work under the supervision of the Development Managers to support WCC’s private fundraising goals. The Development Assistant’s primary focus will be providing administrative support for the Development Department.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for donation processing and gift acknowledgements
- Enter data for all monetary and in-kind donations in DonorPerfect database.
- Assist Development Managers in keeping DonorPerfect information up to date and organized
- Maintain development files and provide updating and maintenance as needed.
- Run database reports for events, campaigns, and other data analysis
- Pull/edit mailing lists
- Assist in drafting donor correspondence, such as thank you notes and emails
- Responsible for taking detailed minutes during meetings with development committee, event committees and the development team as needed
- Assist with research related to events, major gifts and foundation/corporate relations
- Support Development Managers with event planning and logistics.
- Provide onsite event support for fundraising activities
- Assist with drafting and formatting agency mass email communication
- Assist in drafting social media posts (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
- Provide support with additional development and administrative tasks as needed
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Bilingual in English/Spanish a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively – verbally and in writing
- Customer service experience preferred
- Professional personal presentation
- Fundraising experience a plus
- Experience working with diverse groups and populations
- Basic computer skills required – Word, Excel, Software applications
- Database management experience a plus
- Ability to effectively organize and plan; strong organizational skills
- Self-starter; detail oriented
- Commitment to continuous development and quality improvement
- Flexible and collaborative with a demonstrated commitment to teamwork
- Be passionate about learning and curious about issues affecting children and families
- Dependable and reliable
- Able to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Fingerprint background clearance (DOJ, FBI & Child Abuse Clearance Index), or approved exemption
- Successful completion of pre-employment physical, PPD risk assessment, proof of immunizations for pertussis, measles and influenza
- Class “C” driver’s license, proof of insurance and access to reliable transportation required
FOR CONSIDERATION: Cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Full benefits package offered including employer contribution to: Health, Dental, Vision; 401k with employer match; Employee Assistance Program, Professional Development, sick leave, vacation, personal days for anniversary of employment and birthday.
Westside Children’s Center is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants and seeks to hire qualified staff who reflect the rich diversity of the communities we serve. We define diversity in broad terms to include race, ethnicity, nationality, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, geography, socio-economic status and other unique attributes that make us who we are.
Westside Children’s Center has achieved accreditation through the Council on Accreditation (COA). This means our programs, services, administration, and management have been rigorously evaluated and meet best practice standards. Visit www.COAnet.org to learn more about COA Accreditation.