- Experience Level
ABOUT OUTDOOR AFRO
Outdoor Afro uses innovation and entrepreneurial insight to engage African-Americans of all ages in empowering experiences in the outdoors by dismantling seemingly intractable social and cultural barriers. Our dynamic approach has attracted a variety of partnerships and resources, spurring consistent growth that has enabled us to become a national influencer in outdoor recreation.
Founded from a blog in 2009, Outdoor Afro has since built a national community and leadership team across nearly 30 states that has helped us to advance social and policy imperatives to transform African-Americans’ relationship with nature, and cultivate an ethic of conservation and innovations in outdoor leadership.
With both staff and volunteers, we have built strong momentum toward developing greater reach, more key partnerships, and solid revenue streams.
Visit: http://outdoorafro.com or @outdoorafro across all social media platforms to learn more.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Reporting to the CEO, this position ensures the effective daily administration of the operations, human resources, and finance functions of the organization. Duties include facilities management, coordination of several human resources and finance functions, information technology needs such such as donor database administration, and some programmatic support duties. Efficiency, attention to detail, and follow-through, along with outstanding technological, writing, and communications skills, are central to this role.
- Coordinate overall office operations including developing, maintaining, and ensuring compliance with operations policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Provide office administration support at various levels, including travel and hotel arrangements as requested, meeting and event coordination as needed, supplies procurement, answering phones, mailing, materials production, faxing, daily operations support, and special projects as requested.
- Interface with staff, building management, and outside vendors to ensure office and facilities needs are met for home office, offsite storage, and D.C. office as requested.
- Coordinate operations and facilities coordinate for outside partnership relationships.
- Work with finance consultants to ensure accountability to on time financial reporting including payroll reports, monthly close, 1099 reporting, and contract tracking. Ensure financial document retention, control and filing is complete.
- Work with external finance consultants to coordinate various finance duties including accounts payable and receivable, W-9 and 1099 records management, contract creation.
- Develop, maintain, and ensure compliance with finance policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Assist with various human resources activities including processing payroll, recruiting, new employee onboarding, employee administration, policies and procedures compliance, performance management, and training and development coordination. Interface with external Human Resources consultant as necessary.
- Support implementation, training, and compliance with organizational safety and emergency preparedness procedures.
- Ensure all office and field team technology needs are met including computers, devices, programs, and connectivity to cloud storage and social media platforms.
- Assist fundraising and donor engagement efforts through design, implementation, and administration of the new donor database.
Programs and Special Projects
- Provide program support to field leadership team as necessary including assisting with Meetup coordination and partnerships, strategic initiatives, and other field or volunteer-led events.
- Conduct research, prepare written materials and briefings, assist with internal and external events, and manage special projects as assigned.
- Commitment to excellence
- Associate’s degree required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- California Driver’s License.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of relevant experience.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- IT systems knowledge, aptitude, or interest in supporting the technology needs of an organization.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through on assignments.
- Able to travel out of state overnight and work evenings and weekends for special events
- Positive and professional demeanor with good interpersonal skills and ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Ability to track, manage, and prioritize time effectively while working on multiple assignments with ownership.
- Team player with warm communication style.
- Advanced skills in the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook. Experience with Customer Relationship Management software (CRM), Salesforce, or similar software a plus.
- Experience developing or managing office files and record keeping systems.
- Must own or lease their own vehicle and possess a CA driver’s license with a clean driving record.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, talk, or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
More searches like this
- Accounting / Finance Civil Rights / Advocacy $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Oakland
- Administrative / Clerical Civil Rights / Advocacy $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Oakland
- Facilities / Equipment Civil Rights / Advocacy $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Oakland
- Human Resources / Recruiting Civil Rights / Advocacy $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Oakland