- Experience Level
Located in San Mateo, The Carey School is a leading independent school for Pre-K through fifth grade students. Our mission is to inspire in our students a life-long love of learning and the pursuit of excellence within a diverse community that nurtures a deep sense of kindness, respect for others and personal responsibility.
The Carey School is seeking a dedicated, mission-driven individual who is ready to embark on a rewarding career opportunity. The Development Associate will support the fundraising activities of the school and play a key role alongside the Development Director in our annual fund, capital campaign, donor relations, events management and communications.
Essential Job Functions
- Manages the donor database. Ensures that donor acknowledgments are processed in a timely manner. Generates detailed donation reports and gift analysis. Reconciles monthly with Finance.
- Maintains departmental files, including donor files, event files, and campaign files.
- Works with the Director of Development to support donor activities, including (but not limited to) researching prospects, developing donor cultivation strategies and spearheading donor mailings.
- Supports the communications efforts of the school, including creating and distributing our weekly e-newsletter; proactively identifying needed updates to the website; helps develop and implement an annual communications plan, and helps with the development of the annual Carey Connection and annual report.
- Helps manage school events and attends these events, as necessary.
- Plays a supporting role in the annual campaign and capital campaign, including researching key prospects, gift entry and record keeping, event management, communications, and donor relations.
- At least 2 years professional experience desired
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail is a must and strong ability to multi-task
- Proactive and strategic thinker desired
- Experience with social media communications and strategy, design software, and CRM software a plus