6 days left
- Position Type
- Full Time
Job Title: Citizenship Coach
Focus Area: Immigration
Reports to: Managing Director of Immigration
Position Purpose: The LAA seeks a talented professional with extensive experience managing programs, delivering social service and working with diverse populations. This position is responsible for the coordination of the organization’s Latino Citizenship and Naturalization Program and provision of empowerment coaching and case management to program participants.
NOTE: This position requires regular travel among program sites located in Atlanta, Lawrenceville, Athens and Dalton, Georgia. Candidate must have reliable transportation, insurance, a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide coordination for the Latino Citizenship and Naturalization Program, including handling logistics and scheduling, managing program intake and registration and performing administrative functions
- Conduct program orientations in partnership with the Citizenship Attorney
- Provide case management and group and one-on-one empowerment coaching to program participants
- Conduct outreach to raise awareness of the program and recruit participants
- Work with local colleges and universities to source qualified citizenship instructors for the program
- Create program collateral and materials to support curriculum, lesson plans and activities
- Conduct data entry and manage program database
- Work with program volunteers as appropriate
- Fluency and English and Spanish STRONGLY PREFERRED
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, nonprofit management or related field required
- Minimum 3 years of direct professional experience in social services delivery and/or program management for human services programs
- Experience working with diverse populations with experience working with immigrants and Latinos preferred
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and strong presentation skills
- Tech-savvy with superior proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Power Point and Publisher as well as Adobe Acrobat
- Exceptional time management skills and strong sense of pace and urgency to ensure multiple concurrent projects are properly prioritized and completed within expected timeframes
- Self-motivated, energetic and results-oriented team player
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience and background.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform other related duties as may be required by their supervisor. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Candidates must consent to and pass a comprehensive background check and, if required, complete a drug screening. This process includes, but is not limited to, a criminal background check, motor vehicle record check, education verification, reference checks and other pre-employment screenings as required.
Learn more about the LAA at www.thelaa.org.
Submit resume and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.