Development Database Associate
5 days left
- Position Type
- Full Time
MedShare is a humanitarian aid organization dedicated to improving the quality of life of people, communities and our planet by sourcing and directly delivering surplus medical supplies and equipment to communities in need around the world.
MedShare has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Development Database Associate to support a growing national development team. The Development Database Associate will have the opportunity to manage an effective infrastructure supporting fundraising efforts across all regions. This position is responsible for all database management (Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge), development reporting, gift processing and acknowledgements, record management, maintaining data integrity and data security. In addition, the Development Database Associate will assist with ongoing development and implementation of procedures associated with the donor database (Raiser’s Edge) to include gift-entry, mailing lists for departmental and organization-wide use, and provide database (Raiser’s Edge) training.
Reports to: National Development Manager
Data Information Management. Oversees data management, striving for accuracy and consistency in the Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge constituent database as well as developing systems and procedures for extracting and interpreting data.
Gift Management. Manages the area of gift processing to include gift policies, gift and pledge agreements, pledge reminders; gift accounting, gift acknowledgment; donor relations and stewardship; data management and analysis.
Reporting: Leads the creation of a variety of reports and lists.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge, Raiser’s Edge NXT, Luminate Online, and other donor systems.
- Ensure compliance with fundraising policies, goals and procedures.
- Provide regular cash raised reports.
- Pull targeted mailing lists for communications, solicitations, invitations, etc.
- Process gifts and send acknowledgement letters within 48 hours of receipt.
- Continuously improve the quality of donor and volunteer data.
- Provide data analysis for fundraising and strategic planning.
- Respond to donor requests for documentation, including tax letters, matching gift programs, etc.
- Provide back-up support as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years relevant experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience in development services functions.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Word, and Excel.
- Passion for international development and MedShare’s mission.
- Advanced computer skills using Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge.
- Knowledge of fundraising principles and practice.
- Proficiency in communicating effectively, including strong writing ability.
- Highly organized, self-starter with good interpersonal, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and conscientious ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple complex tasks and/or projects simultaneously while addressing the needs of the office.
- Ability to anticipate needs, see opportunities and use good judgment in dealing with confidential information.
- Ability to analyze and review operational procedures, identify problem areas and optimize performance through procedural changes.
- Fluency in English is required and knowledge of Spanish and/or French is desired.
- Experience living or working with diverse groups, international experience is strongly preferred.
Compensation: Competitive salary commensurate with skills and experience. MedShare offers an attractive benefits package, including full healthcare, dental, and vision, 401(k), and paid leave.
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development Database Associate” in the subject line. A slate of successful candidates will be invited for interviews. Due to the large number of resumes generated, only successful candidates will be contacted. Phone calls are discouraged.
MedShare is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, race or ethnic origin, religion, veteran status, physical or medical condition, political affiliations or sexual orientation.
Thank you for considering us!