Legal Administrative Assistant
4 days left
- Degree Level
The Southern Environmental Law Center is seeking a legal administrative assistant to join our Charleston, SC office. The principal responsibilities of the legal administrative assistant are to perform and coordinate administrative functions and provide support to the attorneys in the office. This support will fall into two main categories. The assistant will have a full range of administrative responsibilities supporting the attorneys generally and helping maintain an efficient and well organized office. In addition, the assistant will be involved in court related filings and related duties, as well as possible research tasks.
About the Position:
- Performs administrative duties of Nashville office.
- Provides general clerical support for the office, including answering phones, greeting visitors, interacting with vendors, word processing, proofreading and editing written materials, booking travel, preparing expense reports and filing.
- Provides legal and administrative support to SELC attorneys, including court filings, research, processing and other legal and administrative tasks.
- Responds to public inquiries about SELC.
- Schedules, coordinates and supports meetings, proceedings and events.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Ability to work closely and professionally with a team of attorneys and other administrative staff.
- Must work efficiently under deadlines.
- Proficiency with PCs and Microsoft Office applications.
- Detail oriented and well organized.
- Efficient and dependable.
- Strong communication and editing skills.
- Positive attitude.
- At least two years of legal experience.
- Environmental experience preferred.
SELC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages applications from persons of all backgrounds.