Programs Coordinator, Workforce & Communications
- Experience Level
Community Health Association of Mountain/Plains States (CHAMPS) is a membership association of Community Health Centers (CHCs) serving low-income, homeless, and agricultural worker populations in Colorado, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, and Wyoming (Region VIII). CHAMPS, a dynamic and team-orientated non-profit, provides support and training to these health centers serving underserved communities in collaboration and partnership with Region VIII State Primary Care Associations. The Programs Coordinator must be self-motivated, able to manage multiple tasks and work with diverse people, carry a heavy workload, and travel. The Programs Coordinator, Workforce & Communications is responsible for the coordination and implementation of CHAMPS’ recruitment and communications programs and contacts management efforts, and provides support for additional workforce, member services, and other CHAMPS activities.
- Plan content and coordinate logistics for related distance learning events, face-to-face trainings, and annual conference, including tracking related participants/outcomes and maintaining the CHAMPS webinar service provider account and related procedures documents.
- Enhance, maintain, promote, and ensure the continuity of related areas of the CHAMPS website, including content development and review.
- Develop related content for newsletter articles, social media posts, etc.
- Develop and distribute CHAMPS Board of Directors e-Digests.
- Coordinate health center recruitment activities, including the CHAMPS Job Opportunities Bank (JOB), development of JOB related metrics, marketing of CHC careers through the development of promotional materials and electronic Openings and Opportunities outreach, hosting and/or attending related events/job fairs (both locally and nationally), etc.
- Create connections with local, state, regional, and national medical and other schools and training centers and represent CHAMPS/Region VIII health centers while serving as a liaison to these institutions in order to strengthen the health center workforce pipeline.
- Facilitate a peer network of Region VIII SPCA recruitment and retention/workforce staff and develop and maintain partnerships with federal, regional, and state partners and other entities as appropriate in related areas to build support; determine needs; share resources, challenges, and best practices; and identify collaborative opportunities.
- Attend related partner-led events and trainings as appropriate; disseminate information about related partner resources, events, trainings, etc. to Region VIII health centers and SPCAs as appropriate.
- Work with CHAMPS staff, Region VIII health centers and SPCAs, and other partners as appropriate to identify related gaps in knowledge, training needs, etc.; identify and develop new and/or update related trainings, materials, resources to meet regional needs.
- Provide related written program updates for CHAMPS governing and advisory bodies as requested (Executive Committee, Board of Directors, Mountain/Plains Clinical Network Steering Committee, etc.).
- Design and maintain advertising materials for related CHAMPS events, products, resources, and services.
- Manage CHAMPS communications including the CHAMPS Newsletter, Social Media, email taglines, etc., to include maintenance of related analytics and procedures documents and periodic evaluation of communications methods as well as cross promotion/sharing with Region VIII State Primary Care Associations and other partners.
- Coordinate annual member, partner, and conference appreciation communications.
- Develop and manage a marketing plan to enhance the visibility and usage of CHAMPS events, products, and services.
- Maintain CHAMPS databases of contacts at Region VIII health centers, PCAs, and partner organizations, including biennial clean-up of all contacts; develop and distribute the biennial Region VIII CHC/PCA directory.
- Compile data and conduct basic data analysis; develop and distribute relevant information on a wide variety of issues and topics, including related areas of the annual Region VIII UDS summary, Recruitment and Retention surveys/reports, etc.
- Provide support for CHAMPS’ workforce development and member services programs and activities (e.g., distance learning events, supervisor/manager trainings, awards, biennial salary survey/reports, Region VIII PCA/PCO/HRSA conference calls, welcome program, board meetings, etc.).
- Assist with grant/Cooperative Agreement writing, tracking, and reporting.
- Participate on cross-company committees as assigned.
- Assume other responsibilities as assigned by CHAMPS Directors.
- When identified, bring compliance concerns to the attention of the Corporate Compliance Team.
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate field (Associate’s degree with extensive experience in a relevant field may be substituted).
- Two years of experience in the fields of nonprofit, member services, and/or health care preferred.
- Knowledge in the areas of workforce development, staff recruitment and/or retention, communications, database management, and/or basic data analysis preferred.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and maximum accountability.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and implementation skills, and commitment to quality.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills which includes but is not limited to editing and proofing written work and delivering presentations to groups varying in size.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with all Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, and Outlook.Experience with website content management software including WordPress, and online meeting and learning platforms including Zoom and GoToWebinar. Experience with graphic design tools such as Easel.ly a plus.
- Ability to build credibility and trust with members and partners and maintain productive relationships.
- Ability to work as a team member with individuals from varied professional backgrounds and diverse cultures.
- Ability to thrive in a complex and rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to work with customer/client groups and/or experience in membership organizations.
- Awareness of, and value for, cultural competence.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Ability to travel.
- Physical ability to stoop, kneel, bend, use a computer and perform light lifting.
CHAMPS is a membership organization that places a high value on member relations and customer service. The successful Programs Coordinator, Workforce & Communications will display sound judgment; relate well to the public and staff; be responsive to and respectful of member needs; have a professional demeanor; prioritize customer satisfaction; and be well organized.
Category: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
CHAMPS is an equal opportunity employer, offering generous benefits, a casual work environment, and a competitive salary (DOE).
Please provide resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and responses to the following:
- This job requires completion of multiple tasks with competing deadlines. Describe your experience with completing multiple tasks for multiple people and your approach to this challenge, including how you prioritize tasks.
- CHAMPS strives to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction in all of our activities. Please describe at least one example of how you would ensure a high level of customer satisfaction among internal staff, members, and external partners.
- What does community health mean to you?
Please also indicate where you saw our posting.
Applications due by Close of Business on Wednesday, June 6th. Applications accepted only via e-mail or United States Postal Service. No phone calls.
Mailing address: Andrea Martin, CHAMPS, 600 Grant Street, Suite 800, Denver, CO 80203
More searches like this
- Event Planning Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in Denver
- Health / Medical Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in Denver
- Human Resources / Recruiting Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in Denver
- Marketing / Communications Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in Denver
- Program / Project Management Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in Denver