Accounting Assistant (Part-time)
- Degree Level
Reports To: Accounting Manager
Direct Reports: none
Location: Atlanta, GA
The Accounting Assistant will assist the Accounting Manager directly with accounts payables and administrative functions. This position will coordinate the timely and accurate processing of invoice and expense requests utilizing Concur. In addition, the position will provide administrative support to facilitate timely financial reporting and the maintenance of organized accounting records.
- Coordinate the accounts payables process to ensure vendors are paid on time and expenses are coded properly
- Maintain organized accounts payables records and supporting filing system.
- Provide administrative support for accounting functions.
- Promote GCAPP’s culture and lead by example.
- Perform other duties as required.
Specific Day to Day Tasks:
- Open, date stamp, sort and distribute mail for the Accounting Department.
- Review invoices, scan into Concur system and assign to appropriate staff.
- Process contractor, general administrative and operating related invoices in Concur.
- Review and process employee expense reports and Corporate Card reports in Concur.
- Print invoices and match up with checks and/or proof of payments.
- Resolves vendor-related questions pertaining to invoices/charges.
- Assist with preparing backup for monthly and quarterly grant invoice and reporting packages.
- Request W-9’s from new vendors and assist with annual 1099 processing.
- Perform administrative support tasks such as copying, filing, scanning, etc.
- Accounting Manager
- Vendors and Contractors
- GCAPP Staff
- GCAPP Guests and Visitors
- Associate’s degree required
- Basic Accounting knowledge
- Highly organized multitasker who works well managing and completing priorities
- Works well with minimal supervision while delivering high results
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experienced accounts payables professional
- High sense of individual accountability
- Ability to set and manage expectations at all levels
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment
Skills and Abilities
- Intermediate Microsoft Office – including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong customer service, interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good judgement and ability to handle confidential information
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to anticipate needs and proactively solve problems
- Up to date knowledge of software programs which maximize efficiency
- Builds strong working relationships and partnerships
- Concur experience
- Excellent team player who builds positive relationships
- Proactive with a strong sense of initiative and ability to work independently
- Ability to work with strong personalities and different work styles
- High sense of self awareness
- Ability to give, ask for and accept feedback