Analyst and Research Specialist
- Position Type
- Full Time
Analyst and Research Specialist
Seeking a self-disciplined, well organized, careful and conscientious professional to join our team. Applicants should have a strong drive to get things done quickly and correctly. Ideal for people eager to apply their technical knowledge while working with leading not for profit organizations in the Bay Area. This position entails research, data analysis and project management and is an excellent opportunity to hone your skills in fundraising and not for profit management. Competitive salary and good benefits in a friendly, professional environment.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office products: Word, PowerPoint and especially Excel
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and flexibility to shift priorities when needed
- Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communications
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Attention to detail and follow through
- Friendly customer service and the ability to be a “loveable nudge” when necessary
- Editing and proofreading skills a plus
- A background in fundraising is not essential, but applicants should have an interest in the not for profit arena
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
- Prospect research using NOZA, Wealth Engine, Foundation Directory Online, Google, etc.
- Donor database analysis using Excel
- Project management
- Create and analyze client surveys using SurveyMonkey
- Organize public trainings
- Take notes at interviews and client meetings
- Provide administrative support including correspondence, scheduling, expense reports, etc.
- Create PowerPoint presentations
- Other duties as needed
This is a full time, 40 hours per week position. We offer a competitive salary, based on experience. Benefits include medical and dental coverage and participation in a 401K plan once eligibility period is met.
About BuildingBlox Consulting
BuildingBlox (www.buildingbloxconsulting.com) has a strong and proven track record of helping some of the leading Bay Area not for profits plan for and execute capital and other major gift campaigns. We also offer private and public trainings to help attendees become more effective fundraisers and work with clients on strategic planning projects.
BuildingBlox is headquartered in a casual yet professional home office in the Inner Richmond District of San Francisco with an energetic, fun and purposely small team (including the BBC mascot, Annie the poodle).
The world is full of challenges and opportunities. And many of the changes we want to see can only be achieved when people, motivated by a shared vision and values, work together. But a lot of nonprofit organizations aren’t reaching their highest potential because they don’t have the resources they need. BuildingBlox Consulting studies and teaches the best practices of nonprofit organizations. We coach leaders, help them clarify mission and strategy and demystify fundraising. When the organizations we work with succeed, they celebrate audacious generosity and are infused with a culture of philanthropy. And the impactful work they do is done with passion and purpose.
How to Apply
Please email your resume, salary requirements and a cover letter outlining your interest in the position to Nancy Monnig at nancy@buildingbloxconsulting. Please include a writing sample that demonstrates your ability to write in a clear and accessible style. Please no phone calls.
More searches like this
- Administrative / Clerical Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Development / Fundraising Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Program / Project Management Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Research Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco