Junior Project Accountant
- Experience Level
Public Health Foundation Enterprises (DBA Heluna Health) is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) agency dedicated to enabling population health initiatives to improve the overall well-being of our communities. Heluna Health strives to become the nation’s leader in providing program and support services to optimize population health. Heluna Health partners with academic researchers, government agencies, foundations and private sponsors to offer a suite of services, including contracts and grants management; fiscal sponsorship (providing a financial ‘home’ for researchers, projects and agencies); human resources support; accounting services; real estate/leasing and direct public health project leadership.
Under supervision of the Project Accounting Supervisor, perform accounting activities inclusive of processing A/P invoices for payment, billings, A/R collections, budget set-up, and interaction with Programs to address inquiries as they arise.
• Develops and manages budgets, analyzes expenditures and tracks projects that are incurring expenses.
• Reviews, validates, and processes all invoices and authorizations for payment, ensuring all related information and documents are included. Payment types include, but are not limited to, mileage/travel, credit card charges, utilities, subcontractors, consultants, reimbursements and advances. Contacts project directors, vendors and employees for clarification, as needed.
• Develops rapport with the project directors and contacts by communicating regularly with them on updates with budget, requests for new invoices (if any) that need to be processed for payment, etc.
• Prepares billings and detailed backup documentation for monthly reports and invoices as requested and in accordance with individual projects/funding sources. Ensures compliance with applicable laws and regulations related to specific contracts.
• Develops monthly reconciliation of funds receivable from projects and works to collect outstanding funds.
• Develops monthly expenditure reports for each assigned project and provides detailed explanation for project managers and Heluna Health contract management staff. Prepares adjusting entries to the accounting system as project funding changes and at the request of project directors. Reviews budgets and ensures availability of funding for personnel new hires, status changes, extensions, etc., as well as other expenditures.
• Prepares various project analysis reports as needed which may include expenditure projections/forecasts for program directors and other financial reports for funders.
• Maintains project files to include current budgets, modifications and billing instructions, correspondence, reimbursements, billing copies and collections.
• Provides exceptional customer service to all clients.
• Communiates effectively to internal and external parties via telephone, in person and via written communcations.
• Performs other duties, as requested.
Must be proficient in Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups, IFstatements), Microsoft Word, Outlook Express. Proficiency required in Oracle (Fusion), as required, to perform job duties within 90 days of date of full-time employment.
• Detail-oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task
• Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly
• Honesty/Integrity – Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace
• Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions
• Business Acumen – Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues
• Problem solving and Analytical skills – Ability to strategically interpret data and resolve issues as they arise
• Timeliness - Ability to complete tasks within the required timeframe
• Communication skills – Ability to clearly express oneself both orally and in writing to various levels within the organization
• Team player – Ability to work effectively in a team environment, within the department and across all departments
Bachelor's Degree (four year college) in Accounting or Finance required and one year experience in an accounting department preparing journal entries, reconciling accounts, and analyzing trends.
Other Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
Critical Thinking - Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret financial reports generated as part of regular job duties.
Handling / Fingering Occasionally
Reach Outward Occasionally
Reach Above Shoulder Occasionally
Climb, Crawl, Kneel, Bend Occasionally
Lift / Carry Occasionally - Up to 50 lbs
Push/Pull Occasionally - Up to 50 lbs
Taste/ Smell Not Applicable
Not Applicable Not required for essential functions
Occasionally (0 - 2 hrs/day)
Frequently (2 - 5 hrs/day)
Constantly (5+ hrs/day)
General Office Setting, Indoors Temperature Controlled
PHFE dba Heluna Health is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that encourages minorities, women, veterans, and disabled to apply.
Customer Oriented -Novice
Business Accumen - Novice
Adaptability - Novice
Accountability - Novice
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Preferred: Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Preferred: Bachelors or better in Accounting or related field.
Please apply at the following URL: https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/PUB1001PUBH/JobBoard/6705aa07-0bcb-4660-ad1b-2fda952becc7/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=ef058f3a-73b2-47c7-8146-6ecb6bc3f418