- Degree Level
Action Ministries, Inc.
Salary Level: 40-45k
Classification: This position is classified as full time, exempt under the FLSA. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Task % of Time
Grants Management Support 75%
Accounting Support 25%
Position Title: Program Assistant
Program Locations Defined: Action Ministries, Inc. Corporate Office, Atlanta
Reports to: Director of Grants Management
Position Mission: To support the needs of AMI’s finance and grants management departments. This position reports to the Director of Grants Management to support the reporting and recordkeeping functions of the organization.
Evaluator: Associate VP of Housing
Action Ministries Mission: Action Ministries mobilizes communities to address the challenges of poverty by focusing on hunger relief, housing and education.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare and input cash receipts. (daily bank deposits, pledge inquiries)
- Prepare and input journal entries.
- Apply payments (Checks, Wires Transfers, ACH) received, and make bank deposits.
- Prepare general ledger account reconciliation.
- Perform accounting, analytical, and administrative tasks.
- Prepare grant reimbursement requests.
- Monitor grant deliverables and prepare report submissions on grantor schedules.
- Support administration and monitoring of agency grant portfolio including but not limited to:
- SSVF, ESG, CDBG, HUD COC Rapid Re-housing, EFSP, HOPWA and other DCA grants
Other Responsibilities and Job Information:
- Contribute to ongoing quality improvement of the Action Ministries Housing Program.
- Assist with identifying new grant opportunities and renewal applications.
- Help in providing various internal and external documentations and reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Attributes, & Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- 2 years of accounting experience preferred.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), including journal entries,accruals, balance sheets, and reconciliations.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc).
- Experience with SAGE MIP accounting system.
- Experience with grants management or contracts management.
Action Ministries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or protected veteran status