- Position Type
- Full Time
The Accountant performs general accounting and reporting responsibilities. This individual is proficient and knowledgeable with business and accounting procedures. This position is a key member of the business office team, reports directly to the Director of Financial Accounting and Reporting.
Direct Manager: Director of Financial Accounting and Reporting
Department: Business Office
Status: Full-time; Exempt
- Supports and advances the mission and vision of the school.
- Supports and promotes the goals of the IB program.
- Supports and advances international education.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain accurate General Ledgers including chart of accounts maintenance and security for accounting system, and reconciliation of key accounts
- Assist Human Resources in Payroll accounting and reporting including reporting for private music teachers.
- Perform monthly accounting entries and account reconciliations, and produce reports, as required
- Manage the online field trip registration process for all grades and provides support to parents in this area
- Reconcile cafeteria operations activity and records journal entries in the accounting system
- Ensure internal compliance of the accounting and reporting of general ledger as applicable
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting in support of monthly closing process
- Assist with the annual Fiscal Year audit.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Requirements
- BA or BS Degree in Accounting, Business or Finance is required
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of financial accounting and reporting experience and a solid understanding of business processes to support the AIS’s operations
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently in an environment with a high volume of transactions
- An understanding of internal controls is required and experience with accounting ERP system
- Must have excellent excel and computer skills as required for reconciliation, analysis, and report presentation
- Effective interaction with both internal and external customers
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Required to comply with AIS’s employee handbook (and student handbook as applicable)
Please send resume and letter of interest via email to email@example.com; please type the job title into your subject line (Accountant)