- Experience Level
St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco operates the Multi-Service Center, Northern California’s largest homeless shelter, Navigation Centers for chronically homeless individuals and couples and the Riley Center - Domestic Violence shelter and services for survivors. We have over 100 employees working in 4 locations. We are proud of our diversity and of our more than 150 year history of helping others in San Francisco. St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco’s mission is to offer hope and service, on a direct person to person basis, working to break the cycles of homelessness and domestic violence.
The Program Assistant supports the Navigation Center Program Management and Case Managers with data entry, client referrals, follow up calls and appointments. This position supports the chronically homeless men and women at the Navigation Center. The position will provide support in capturing data regarding the clients.
- Assist with developing and maintaining informational resources for shelter guests, including current housing listings.
- Maintain data on current clients and exiting clients.
- Set-up appointments requested by Case Managers for homeless shelter guests to appropriate referral agencies for education, vocational training, employment, housing, medical, substance abuse, mental health and government services (i.e. GA, SSI, Medical).
- Provide basic information on One System for our new guests including: Rules and regulations, check-in and bed information, clinic information, laundry, etc.
- May assist staff with personnel paperwork, process bi-weekly payroll using ADP Workforce Now and prepare account payable invoice forms.
- Maintain and enter statistical data for the homeless shelter guests.
- Maintain office supplies, organize supplies and keep inventory of supplies
- Provide administrative support to the Program Management team
- Provide resources to shelter clients upon request.
- Provide written and verbal translation as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- AA degree in business management or other related field. Equivalent work experience will be accepted with HS diploma or GED.
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills.
- Average data entry skills and ability to use windows based computer.
- Average Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel skills.
- Ability to multi-task and remain composed and professional.
- Comfort working around a diverse community including LGBTQQ, mental illness and varying ethnicities.
- Demonstrated commitment to open, direct, and non-violent communication.
- Strong initiative and ability to work both independently and cooperatively.
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries with guests, volunteers and staff.
- Commitment to the mission of St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco.
St. Vincent de Paul Society is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance qualified applicants will be considered for employment with arrest and conviction records.