Research Operations Manager
- Experience Level
This position will provide critical operations support to ensure the smooth daily functioning and progress toward the annual strategic goals of PPIC’s research team. This position reports to the Director of Research and works closely with research staff and members of the communications, development, government affairs, and administration teams in San Francisco and Sacramento.
- Manage the progress of active projects in the research group and coordinate the quality control process at appropriate milestones; lead reporting of project progress to relevant teams within the institute
- Provide support for research personnel management, including tracking workload, timelines, and deliverables
- Work closely with research, development, and communications staff to prepare grant proposals and agreements, monitor deadlines, and fulfill financial reporting
- Provide administrative oversight of research contracts, agreements, and MOUs
- Support the Director of Research in identifying emerging needs and opportunities in the research group
- With the Director of Research, develop annual budgets and provide financial oversight for externally funded projects
- Provide general administrative and event management support for research meetings, brown bags, calendar management, and institutional events
- Review and process travel, training and reimbursement requests and employee timesheet approvals
- Occasional travel to PPIC’s Sacramento Center and other locations throughout California to provide research team and event support
- Other projects, as needed
Organization, being proactive, and the ability to work well with others are essential attributes.
- At least three years of related research operations experience, ideally in a research center, foundation, government, or university setting
- Excellent Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook Calendar skills are required
- Database management skills required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong detail orientation, and strong follow-through and project status communication skills are required
- Exceptional interpersonal skills are required
- Commitment to the institute’s mission and values is required
- Some travel will be needed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required
PPIC values the wide variety of backgrounds and experiences of our research staff, and key elements in the consideration of qualified candidates include excellence; diversity of talents, backgrounds, and viewpoints; and a strong fit with the institute’s mission, values, and goals.